Monday, January 17, 2011

Blessings...


We give blessings for so many things...

we give blessings for our food...

for the weather...

for our health.

And in the South

we even bless your heart.

When you sneeze...

when you stumble and fall.

We'll even bless you when we question your intelligence...

your beauty...

or lack of.

Example:  
Poor Mabel's boy...I just do not think he realizes that having 3 hairs on the top of your head does not constitute a hairstyle...
Bless his heart...
but he sure does try, doesn't he?

Really.

This is a normal conversation.

And I grew up hearing similar comments about various people...

situations...

my whole life.

Some of these blessings are actually covers or makeshift apologies for gossip...

I realize this...

but some are truly given with the heart.

They are worries for a person...

thoughts of that person or family when they have received devastating news...

the loss of a job...

the death of a loved one...

a diagnosis.

And in my heart, when I hear these stories of people...

some near and dear to me, some strangers across the country

I truly hope that the person, or persons, will be showered with blessings.

Blessings of hope...

blessings of comfort...

blessings of memories...

old ones..

and the ones yet to be made.

I hope that this card expresses just that...

that I am wishing a rain of blessings upon them.




Supplies:  All supplies PTI unless noted
                Patterned paper: Memory Box
                Ribbon and embellishments: Michael's

3 comments :

Cathy Weber said...

Hi Renee: I am trying to reach you, I sent you a pm. I accidentally deleted your address and I want to mail your Fruitful stamps in the am. Can you please pm me with your address. I am so sorry. Cathy

Cathy Weber said...

Now I can post a proper comment on your beautiful card and sweet blog dialog. Your card is lovely. The patterned paper, those great rows of scallops and the little bling on the umbrella make it a beautiful card. Congrats on your new blog. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

nancy jane said...

After reading on the PTI forum that you have a new blog, I wanted to stop by and welcome you to this very interesting world of blogs from the other side. My blog started before yours, on January 1 of this year, but has a few less posts than yours. Guess that means you should be giving me advice! Hope you are having fun with this, Renee. I am certainly enjoying your writing and this vibrant card that would lift anyone's spirits. I'm off to finish visiting your blog.
Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...