Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Love Snow

I love snow.

I love how clean and crisp a new fallen snow can make the world look.

How peaceful it makes the world seem...

I love snow...

for about 10 minutes.

Then I realize that snow means...

rushing to the grocery like a throng of teens rushing the stage during a rock concert and fighting the masses for the last loaf of bread and gallon of milk.

And why do we do that? 

Why milk, bread and eggs?

Why not chocolate?

Snow means...

no school.

Maybe not for everyone around the country...

but if you're in the South like we are...

there won't be school.

Snow means...

being confined inside with people that on any other given day you cherish any time spent together but when it's white, wet and cold outside...

it feels like a prison sentence.

You beg for prayers...

or drugs.

And as I learned last winter during a particularly long stretch of snow days...

sometimes you need both.

And on that, all I can ask is...

did you know that a little one's nails are so thin that when they poke you in the eye during one of your many "discussions" over picking up their toys, they can literally take a piece of that eye with them?

Neither did I.

But I'm much wiser now...

Prayers and drugs people...

prayers and drugs.

We have just came off a week of snow days and the weatherman is saying that word again for tomorrow...

I could become an endangered species if this weather continues...

much like these guys...


But I'm going to take it in stride...

I'm gonna hide from the kids.

I'm going to hide and disappear in Dublin...fighting the Fae.

(if you don't understand that comment...read yesterday's post)

I'm going to dream of my Southern Summer that I know is not far away...

heat...

humidity...

and frizzy hair.

Renee

Supplies:  card stock from PTI
                patterned paper from October Afternoon
                stamp from Whippersnapper
                markers by Copic
                ribbon, brads and embellishments: misc.















 

2 comments :

  1. Renee, I guess I just assumed you were kind of new to cardmaking, maybe because you just started your blog. You obviously know what you are doing. The card is great! You have your copic shading down pat. The little polka dot strip behind the main image really was a great touch. Sorry about the snow. I always envy you people back East when I see the beautiful pictures of snowy yards. All I see is brown, smoggy skies here in CA. We have a cabin in Montana and if not for that, I wouldn't know what beautiful scenery was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my neighbors wonder why I'm outside shoveling while my 21yo daughter is inside. It is my escape, almost like your prayers, drugs and books. May I share your dream of heat and humidity?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...