Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm A 3 Year Old...

when it comes to my eating habits.

Literally.

I am the guest you never want to have for dinner.

And honestly, I want to eat whatever is being prepared...

I really do...

but I can't.

I have eating habits that are excused in a 3 year old...

but someone my age...?

Let's just say...it's socially uncomfortable.

I'll explain...

I don't eat anything that has been mixed together...

this also includes all stews and casseroles...

and in my entire life I have never eaten Chinese, Mexican, Indian...

this list is so long we could be here all night so we'll just assume you get the idea.

Really.

I don't eat any of these things.

I consider myself a basic meat and potatoes girl.

In fact, the more simple the dishes...

the more options there are.

Chicken.

I love chicken...

and as long as it's not buried in something...

I'll eat it.

Fish.

Southern fried catfish...

you just can't get any better than a Southern fish fry and if you have never experienced it...

well...you're missing one of the best meals of your life and you just need to put it on your bucket list because no one should leave this earth without experiencing it before they go.

My mouth is watering just thinking of it...

Steaks, burgers, roast...

simple food.

That's what I like.

But I'm also getting tired of it.

Seriously...

can you just get tired of eating?

And my poor hubby...

I married a man who will try any dish, eat anything...

my polar opposite.

So just imagine how tired he is of my limited meal options...

Seriously... pity him.

And I love him with all my heart, I really do and would do anything for him...

except try new foods.

It is the proverbial line in the sand in our marriage...

he tries to get me to cross it...

I run screaming.

So imagine how shocked he was when I happened upon Pioneer Woman a few weeks ago...

I read her daily now...

love her photography...

and there was a food post containing a dish that I said I might actually like to try.

What?!!

Me?

Try a "new" dish?

I thought I was gonna break something trying to get that man off the floor.

But I meant it...

and I've tried it.

And it's good.

Here it is...

Bacon and Parmesan Pasta.

My food photography is sorely lacking...

1) by the time I got dinner done it was already pitch black out and I had no natural light source

2) I've never actually taken pictures of food before

3) I have Photoshop...but I don't know how to use it to clean this up

4) I bought Photoshop for Dummies...it's on my table

it taunts me daily.

So go to Pioneer Woman to see a good photo of this dish

and get the recipe.

Here's the link:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/goldmine/

And thanks to a woman living on a cattle ranch in the middle of OK...

my husband is a happy man tonight.




Note:  I substituted the penne pasta for bowtie, just because I prefer it.  It's delicious either way!

2 comments :

  1. I think I will have to give this a try. My future daughter in law won't eat anything that has touched something else on her plate. She plans to have a divided plate at their wedding. Not sure if she will actually do it, but she says she will. Loved your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's better with bacon. This dish looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...