Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Addicted...




to Mtn Dew.

I love Mtn Dew.

I love Mtn Dew so much I'm on a first name basis with my Pepsi Man.

OK...

that may also be because his wife taught my daughter 5th Grade Math....

and we're in a book club together...

and I go to church with her grandmother and aunts...

and someday we may be related because my Dinky (if you don't know who Dinky is...go here) is in love with her younger cousin and he says they're going to get married and go to Paris.

She's going to get a job to pay for it.

He doesn't want to work.

They're 4.

But I do love my Dew.

There's just nothing better on a hot, humid, Southern day than an ice-cold-in-a-can-straight-from-the-fridge Mtn Dew.

In the Spring...when TN was flooding and my husband was trapped in Nashville when the interstate flooded and had to be shut down...

and I was worried when they showed on the news a very pregnant woman who had to be airlifted to the hospital because she was in labor was actually a very dear friend of mine who was due at any time and I couldn't understand why she would wear those horrible shorts with those ugly shoes...

really couldn't understand why she would even own those ugly shoes and had plans to have a very serious talk with her when she recovered from labor about her choice in shoes...

but during all of this and not knowing when dear hubby would even be able to come home and since I had had plans of actually going to the grocery that day when he came in from work because it was just rain and I didn't think I had needed to stock up just in case we would need an ark to get around...

the first thing I did upon learning he wouldn't be coming home that day...

was to run to the fridge...

and count my supply of Dew.

It was not good.

Only 6 cans.

I'm pretty sure I had my first experience of how a junkie feels...

panic...

desperation...

and in my mind I was running through different ways that I could solve my Dew shortage...

and finally decided that it would just be easiest to have the National Guard airlift my Pepsi man with a load of Mtn Dew to me for the safety of my precious children, who were trapped in the house with me, before I made Jack Nicholson in The Shining look like a former Boy Scout who just won Father of the Year for the 10th year running.

Yeah...

I'm addicted.

Renee

Note:

That actually wasn't my friend being airlifted while in labor...

thank goodness too...

those shoes were really ugly.

2 comments :

  1. Funny. I love your stories. I know at least two other people who are "addicted" to Mountain Dew. You better do some research as to what's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is obvious that you have an appreciation of the written word. I am so enjoying your blog posts.
    My addiction is Coke, NOT Pepsi, in a tall glass with plenty of ice and a straw. On the way to the movies tonight, we heard there is more snow on its way. On the way home from the movies, we stopped for Coke. Yes, I can relate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...