Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Guilty...

of judging a book by it's cover.

I love a gorgeous cover.

A quirky title.

They get me every time.

Sometimes...I get taken.

The cover is the best thing about it.

And sometimes I find treasures.

This is one of those treasures...



I bought this book the night it was released a few years ago...

based solely on the cover and title.

I love the title.

I love the cover...

I love this book.

Maybe it's because I identified so well with the main character, Catherine Grace.

I know what it's like to grow up in a small town...

with a little, but not much more, than a Dairy Queen.

I remember wanting to get out...

and I was going to live such a big life...

big city...

big plans...

big life.

And well...life happened.

I met a guy.

He directed me out of a parking spot.

He had beautiful blue eyes.

I married him.

And I did escape this small town...

he took me to a big city...

and I cried all 800 miles of that journey.

I cried every time I came home...

every time it was time to go back.

And after a few years...

when we started a family of our own...

there was no other place I could ever imagine raising my children...

than home.

But just like Catherine Grace...

the place my heart called home was longer the home my heart remembered.

Life had happened.

Susan did not know me when she wrote this book...

but yet...

she knew me.

We became friends after meeting...

long story...

but I swear to you there was no stalking involved.

Just common interests.

Seriously...

4 kids = too tired to do anything illegal or immoral.

She is a doll and she does not know I'm writing this...

but she has been on my mind lately...

and just the way my mind works...

(no.  I can't possibly begin to explain that one...I don't understand myself)

I'm now telling you about her book.

I read depending on my mood...

and I've been in fantasy...

then thriller...

moods lately.

I need calm.

I need quirky characters.

And nothing does quirky better than a Southern novel.

OK...

the Irish are pret-ty close.

But if you like sweet, Southern stories that will make you laugh...

make you cry...

I highly recommend giving this one a go.





Note*  Cards tomorrow.  It's Daddy/Hubby's b-day...me and the kiddies have been busy!

2 comments :

  1. Great story today, AGAIN...I too choose a book by its cover often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good cover and title to stimulate the senses :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...