Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm So Excited...

                                                and I just can't hide it!
                                                                                   The Pointer Sister's

And if you don't know who The Pointer Sister's are...

I don't wanna know.

But I'm excited!!

I'm like jumping up and down like a Mexican jumping bean excited!

I'm so excited I'm probably at some point going to faint...

Why?

Let me tell you.

Working on a post...

it just wasn't working so I started wandering...

around the house...

in my mind...

and then I wandered over to amazon...

because that's what I do.

I love amazon.

I really love when they send me things.

But I was looking in my cart...

thinking I need to order the things I have in my cart...

there's always things in my cart...

and Our Best Bites cookbook will soon be released.



I love Our Best Bites.

I found them because of Michelle Wooderson...

Mish Mash...

check her out here.

Check out Our Best Bites here.

So I'm about to place my order when I realized something was missing.

Which led me somewhere else...

which I'll soon get to...

and what I found is even more exciting than food.

And I love food.

I especially love food with bacon.

I made the Bacon Pasta again tonight...

I decided to live dangerously...

I add grilled chicken strips.

YUMMY!!!

Go here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

So when I found out what I found out...

I called my friend Tanya...

this is Tanya...



And her gorgeous little girl...

love them!

And I'm just so excited!

First...let me explain.

I love books.

I mean, I love books...

even more than food.

In fact...

I could go longer without food than I could books.

So, I read.

All the time.

And there have been times I have been caught unawares and had no book...

and have actually read Field and Stream...

this usually happens at times involving car maintenance.

But see this...


and this...


and this...


we could be here for a while...

but I'm going to assume you've caught the pattern here.

Jodi Picoult.

Love, love, love Jodi Picoult.

And I don't even have my favorite posted...

you know the one...

the one that caused my hubby to find me curled up in a ball on the floor...

bawling...

I couldn't speak...

I couldn't breathe...

he thought something had happened to one of the kids...

life would never be the same...

My Sister's Keeper.

Seriously...

when I could finally sit up and finally started gulping air...

my eyes were so swollen...

so red...

for the rest of the day and half of the next...

I looked like I had just came off a 10 day drunk.

I love Jodi Picoult.

And her new book will be coming out soon...

I always preorder.

So...

before I placed my amazon order...

went to her site to check specifics on the new one...

saw where her tour schedule was up for the new release.

Now... when I saw this I became quickly depressed because my favorite book store...

Davis-Kidd Booksellers...

was closed this past December.

I always went to Davis-Kidd for authors...

I loved going there...

I was in heaven on earth while there...

surrounded by thousands of books.

So I see where her tour schedule is posted and because I had been begging Davis-Kidd to get her to Nashville for years....

and now there is no Davis-Kidd...

I grew sad because I realized I will probably never get to meet her.

But then I thought...

"Maybe she's coming to Louisville..."

maybe somewhere close by...

I'll drive...

so I clicked on her schedule...

and I see...

Nashville, TN!!

She's coming to Vanderbilt!!!!

I'm so excited!

Seriously...so excited!

Can you tell?

Excited!

I'm going to get to meet her!

I just can't even think now...

but believe me...

when I finally get to meet her...

you will know!

Because I'm excited!

Renee


3 comments :

  1. how close are you to Louisville? i'm just south of there

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter reads every single one of Jodi Piccoult's books. She will be thrilled that a new one is coming out. How lucky you are to get to meet her. I can see why you are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog through the PTI forum just yesterday. I know, so sorry. I haven't been able to keep up with blog stalking through the forum. There are still so many that I've yet to visit (sorry, I'm digressing). I must say Renee, I LOVE your posts. I've managed to read all of them since your blog's inception, so my comment will encompass all I've read so far....
    1. Congrats on the new blog!
    2. I too am an adult Twilight fan. Must add your recommendation to my ongoing list.
    3. I love snow until I have to shovel or I almost slip and must-find feet-wave hands/arms maniacally to save myself.
    4. Bacon on EVERYTHING is phenomenal.
    5. You have the cutest boys! That goes for the big one too.
    6. Your Mtn Dew is my chocolate Silk soymilk.
    7. I had a lump in my throat after reading your quilt post. My box of chocolates afterwards helped.
    8. God bless all Grandmothers.
    9. I felt the beauty and love you have for your girls. Had more chocolate.
    10. I love when kids take the time to make cards, but also insanely jealous when they can put one together so quickly. They all did a great job!
    11. My Sister's Keeper was my first intro to her. Loved her ever since. My now stalk library when new book comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...