Friday, January 28, 2011

It Was A Wonderful Day...

41 years ago.

Today is Hubby's Birthday!

This is Hubby.



His name is Patrick but...

Dinky named him Hubba Bubba.

Don't ask.

It's a Dinky thing.

So I thought I would introduce you to him with a few facts about him.

1)  He is Husband #1
     he is also only and current husband
     but...
     I have a list if anything ever happens.
     It consists of some of the following:
                      a) Aragorn...Lord the Rings movies...complete with costume
                      b) a teenage fantasy
                      c) a hockey player
    *I have omitted all names to protect the innocent
  **#1 husband is aware of said list

2) He knows stupid facts.
    No.  I am not calling him stupid...
    far from it.
    He's very intelligent.
    But he retains facts that other people seem to filter out...
    and I hate playing Trivial Pursuit with him because I cheat...
    and still lose.

3) He knows the entire dialogue to Wayne's World.
     Yes.
     And I still married him.

4) He imagines himself The Great Outdoorsman.
     He grew up in Detroit.

5) He also secretly fantasizes about becoming Bruce Wayne...
    aka Batman.
    ssshhh...
    don't tell him I told you that.

6) He is my balance.
    His calmness to my excitability...
    his logic to my imagination...
    his practicality to my impulsiveness.
    He is my better half...
    the reason I'm complete.

7) I love him more today than the day I married him.

8) He was born 41 years ago today...
    And I wasn't here yet...
    but it was a wonderful day.

The kids and I worked on cards for him yesterday during what will hopefully be our last snow day this winter...



 They did their own thing...

  
Haley made him a bookmark...

she sees us as the Partridge Family...

(we laminated and added ribbon after this photo)


Dinky wanted to use a bunny...


He drew on the inside...

he likes girls...

he only knows how to write his name...

he's 4.


Robert wanted to use an animal...

he thinks the stamping looks like there's shadows and claws...

the wolf is supposed to be howling...

"Have an ooouwwooo standing birthday"...

(he seriously came up with this idea all on his own.  Swear...I did not help him.)

 


but his way is so much cuter!


This is from Hunter.

Yes...

I did it for her.

And I so ripped off Dawn McVey's post today...

that sweet girl hadn't had it posted for 30 minutes before I was doing my best to CASE it.

I didn't have the same supplies...

had to improvise a little...

but maybe she won't be embarrassed by my attempt.

Go here to see the real thing...

she does it so much better.

Forgot to photo to photo the inside of Hunter's card but it read...
               To the world you may be one person
               But to me you are the world

She's seriously a Daddy's Girl.

Here's my card for him...


and the inside...


Don't know if I really like it...

I could have done some things differently...

but me and the pig had already been fighting over his color...

and I was too tired to start over.

Oh!

Another hubby fact!

He's a romantic...

married to the most unromantic woman in world...

(Isn't that supposed to be reversed...?)

and I've never given him a serious card in almost 20 years of knowing him.

We had chocolate cake...

chocolate marble cheesecake...

Double Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream...

and you're thinking Hubby's favorite flavor is chocolate...

Nope.

It's lemon.

So we also made him these...



so simple...

recipe below.

Chocolate is #1 sons favorite flavor...

okay...

he takes after me...

and he picked it all out!

January 28th was...is...

a wonderful day for us...

hope yours was too!



  
Supplies:  All supplies PTI unless noted
                   All cardstock: PTI
                   Bookmark, Cards #1, 2 & 3 stamp sets:  Little Bitty Bird,
                   TT Valentine's, TT Halloween and Inside & Out Birthday
                   Card #4 stamps: Whippersnapper
                   Dies: PTI Bookmark, Card #4 Nestabilities
                   Patterned Paper: Card #3 October Afternoon
                   Misc.: Brads, patterned paper #4, SU markers, Copics

Recipe:

1 flavored cake mix (any flavor you like: Strawberry, Chocolate, Orange, Lemon)
1 small tub Cool Whip (thawed)
1 egg.

Preheat oven 350.  Combine all ingredients and drop by small scoop onto sprayed baking sheet (I prefer Pampered Chef's baking stone for these). Bake for 5-7 minutes, do not brown! Take out of oven and let set on baking sheet for about one minute, then remove to cooling rack.  Sprinkle with powered sugar.
These are soft and gooey and so simple and delicious!

NOTE:  I did not help with making any of the kids things for Hubby except for cutting...and of course for Hunter.  They did it all: layout, colors, stamping, everything.

4 comments :

  1. It sounds like such a great day. I can't believe you let your kids use your stamps! What a great Mom. I have only let my daughter use my "Michael's" stamps. She doesn't know the difference, though. Happy Birthday to your husband. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is this! What a wonderful glimpse into your life! Your kids have made some amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, adorable cards! Happy birthday to your hubby--it sounds like a fun day in your household!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous cards by everyone! Bet your husband loved em all :o) How very special he must be~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...