Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's War...

everyday.

In our house.

Why?

These two...


They wake up feuding...

they spend their days taunting...

they go to sleep fighting.

Everyday.

It is my life.

I am Sweden in this war...

I can't side with one over the other...

and I beg for peace.

The only time they are ever on neutral ground is when...

they are tormenting their sisters.

Or they are scheming to torment their sisters.

Or they have just tormented their sisters.

Again...my life.

I have grown accustomed to this...

and unless there is blood...

I'm usually not going to panic...

or stress.

Again...my life.

So imagine yesterday afternoon...

when hubby dropped #1 son off for a sleepover...



and #2 son came home in tears.



He missed his brother.

And when it became dark out...

he wanted to go and bring him home...

because he was too far away.

We promised he would be back home today...

not good enough.

So Hubby went upstairs into the attic and dragged down the small tent...

set it up in the middle of our living room...

complete with air mattress...

just for Dinky.

He was going on a LR camp out.

He was so excited...

couldn't wait for bedtime...

didn't want dinner...

was in his jammies before he had even had a bath.

He played in the tent...



jumped on the mattress...

yelled with excitement about how he was so excited...

(I could be wrong...but he may get his excitement levels from me)

to be going on a camp out that was just for him.

And we didn't see any tears...

hear any sniffles...

or even a mention of Robert...

until it was actually bedtime.

He couldn't sleep in the tent...

Robert wasn't there.

He couldn't go to sleep...

Robert wasn't there.

He climbed up beside me in the bed...

and snuggled close as he cried for the one he battles with everyday.

And this morning...

he woke up and went straight to the tent...

started jumping on the mattress...

yelling with excitement about how he was so excited...

Robert's coming home.




4 comments :

  1. my boys are the same. i love your blog and your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a 10yo and he's a PIA all by himself... but then they surprise you and all you can do is cherish these heart warming moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo funny! They look like they keep you going! Cute kids :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...