Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mama Always Said... (2nd Post)

life is like a box of chocolates.
                            Forest Gump





While this little blog is still new...

and I'm still writing on it...

I thought I would explain why I decided to call my little space It's A Patchwork Life.

Though I do not disagree with Mama...

you never know what you're going to get...

I believe life is also like a quilt.

And we are working on this quilt every day of our lives.

We start this quilt the day we are born...

and it is finished the day we die.

Every memory is a square...

a patch on this quilt.

And someday, as we are hopefully older...

and wiser...

we are able to look back and see our lives in the form of this quilt.

We will be able to wrap ourselves inside it...

to be warmed, comforted and to relive the memories of our lives.

Some of these patches will be bold...

bright colors...

I imagine them to be shiny and silky to the touch.

They are the fun.. 

happy moments of our lives.

Some will be pastel or neutral colors.

They will be soft...

smooth to the touch...

the calm, peaceful moments they represent to our lives.

And then... 

there will be the dark patches...

rough...

course in texture...

just like the painful memories of illness...

and loss... 

those dark patches are to our lives.

Life, when fully lived...

when fully assembled...

will look like a patchwork quilt.

And this is my life...

one moment...

one patch at a time.

Renee


1 comment :

  1. This is so true. And it is also what adds interest to the patchwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...