Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Best Friend Is...

...a person who will give me a book I have not read.
                                                                Abraham Lincoln


One.  I love quotes.

Two.  I love this quote.

And today...

my best friend is...

the UPS man.

Today...brown is beautiful.

I was so excited when I saw that big, brown box on wheels turning into my drive because I knew he was 1) coming to see me and not hold my package hostage because of the weather...
and 2)

he was bringing me a box.

And on the side of this box was written simply...

amazon.

I love when amazon sends me things.

Yes...

I have to pay them to do it but still...

it's a box.

From amazon.

And I have been waiting almost 1 1/2 years for this box...

And here is the treasure this box contained...


The 5th and final installment in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.

Isn't this cover gorgeous?

Now, this is not a cup of tea meant for everyone...

it's not my normal cup...

but I discovered this series a few years ago, became immediately addicted and have been eagerly anticipating the answers to all my questions...

Who is Barrons?

What is Barrons?

Does Mac defeat the Fae and avenge her sister's death?

Can Mac and Barrons put the world back to "right"?...

Do Mac and Barrons ever stop fighting and just get together?

If you are reading this series too, write me when you finish and we will dish.

If you are not reading this series...

and are now wondering if you should...

I ask you only if you are an adult Twilight fan?

Have you read the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series?

Do you love Sookie and her paranormal relationships?

If you are/do and are over the age of 21 and a legal adult...then I can only recommend that you read...

no! Devour this series...

because Sookie has nothing on Mac and the Fae.

But I do warn...this series was not written for the young.

This is an adult series.

And if you decide to take a chance...let me know.

Now...I'm off to get a cup of latte...get in some comfy jammies...

and settle in with 600 pages of purely guilty pleasure.


2 comments :

  1. You are such a great blogger! Usually I don't read every bit of dialog on a blog, I just skim through it, but I read every word of yours and laughed at the Adult Twilight fan comment. Can't say I am, but my daughter and I do watch Vampire Diaries on tv together and she loves everything vampire. I think I might give this series a try and see what I think before I give the book to her. She's 19, but still my little girl. She probably reads or sees lots of "adule" stuff, but she doesn't get it from her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, ooh I AM an adult Twilight/ Sookie fan. Now, you're making me want to read this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...