Friday, January 21, 2011

We Call Him Dinky...

This is my youngest...

my baby.

We call him Dinky.

I love this guy.

And I mean love in the...

"how-did-I-ever-live-without-you-and-all-the-joy-and-happiness-you-bring-to-me-I-can't breathe-my-heart-is-just-going-to-explode" way.

I can't help but smile when I look at him...

not just with my face...

but with my heart.

He's full of charm...

smiles...

and kisses...

a politician in the making.

Whenever he hears the word "clean"...

he runs and hides.

He cries and says he doesn't want to go to college...

he hasn't made it out of preschool yet.

He colors on every surface in our home...

walls...

trim...

furniture...

and you...

if you stay still long enough.

He has his own theme song...

    Din-ky, Dinky, Dinky Doodle...


    Lazy as a little noodle...


   Mommy loves him oodles, oodles...


   Din-ky, Dinky, Dinky Doodle.


It's sung to the tune of Yankee Doodle...

and he will sing it louder than anyone.

He loves his theme song.

We planned his name for weeks before he arrived...

we went over and over the "playground" test with it...

you know the one...

what does it rhyme with?

And now...

we hardly ever use it.

He acquired a nickname...

and as cute as it was when he was much younger...

he'll go to kindergarten next year.

He's growing up and I will have to stop calling him by this nickname less and less...

Dinky will not pass the playground test.

I'm going to miss his smile that greets me every morning when I wake him to his song...

I'm going to miss him singing it so loudly and proudly...

I'm going to miss the little boy that Dinky is.

His name is Ryder.

But for just a while longer...

call him Dinky.

Renee

1 comment :

  1. I finally figured out who your style of storytelling reminds me of, Melissa Phillips! She always tells such colorful, tug on your heart-string stories. This is a great one. Really cute little boy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...