Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We Walk Different Paths...


If you are visiting here tonight for the PTI Blog Hop...
welcome and thanks for stopping by!
This is my first hop...ever!
And I'm still tweaking this little patch of blogosphere real estate (the pumpkins...) 
But I hope you'll enjoy yourself and stay for a while...
maybe even come back for another visit!
The challenge was to use a set that has never seen ink...or has been gathering a little dust...
Got this beauty over the Holidays and it's just been waiting for the right reason to show it a little love...
I think this occasion fits it perfectly.




She is a Grandmother.

My youngest is in pre-k.

She is a very liberal Democrat.

I am a conservative Independent.

She has lived and traveled all over the world...

taught school children in China.

And except for a few months living in a neighboring town while my husband served in the military...

then a few short years outside of Baltimore at another post...

I have lived in the same town that I was born.

I am a Christian.

And to be quite honest I don't know if she is an atheist...

and agnostic...

or even a Buddist...

but I do know we do not see eye to eye on religion.

We are so different...

sometimes at severe extremes...

but she is my friend.

She is someone who I look at with respect and admiration...

for the life that she has led..

the experiences she has had...

and I don't know anyone who has a bigger heart...

or more tenderness...

than she possesses.
 
And you have to wonder how two people so at odds with one another might come together...

how we managed to become friends...

and yet it was so simple...

so easy...

over our shared love of...

books.

Now...if only all the problems in the world could come together over a cup of coffee...

a glass of wine...

and a book.

She is moving away...

and I understand all the reasons for this...

but I will miss her.

She has touched my life in many ways...

and I am grateful for the opportunity that has been given to me to know her...

and I hope this card will express just that to her...
 





We may choose to walk different paths...

but we're really not so different...

we are friends.





Supplies List: All supplies PTI, unless noted, as follows
                     Cardstock: New Leaf, True Black & Stamper's Select White
                     Stamp set: YOF Morning Glories
                     Ribbon: True Black Party Plaid
                     Ink: SU Basic Black
                     Markers: Copics
                     Dies: Nestabilities

35 comments :

Denise said...

Your blog is a breath of fresh air - I love your style of 'journaling'. And the Morning Glories are beautiful - the coloring is awesome!!

pattylt said...

What an outstanding card! Took my breath away. I enjoyed reading about your friend as I have a friend so different from myself as well. Funny what life will throw at us? Love your coloring on the card and the colors you chose. So intense and works so well. Great job!

Jen Carter said...

I'm sure she will LOVE this card!! What a special person she must be to have touched your life is such a way! Your coloring is gorgeous and it just pops against the green background!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

What a sweet, sweet card and wonderful thoughts of friendship behind it! I'm sure she will love and treasure it!

Cathy Weber said...

What a beautiful card. I hope your friend sees this blog about her and your feelings about your friendship. Your coloring is spectacular! The colors and the shading are so wonderful. Great card for the blog hop Renee.

Kay said...

Beeyootiful! I love the contrasting colors- so fresh and vivid, and such a well written story, too!

Pam W. said...

Your card is lovely. The coloring - yummy. You did a great job with your first hop and I look forward to visiting your blog again.

Debra said...

As lovely as the card is, the heartfelt passion for your dear friend is what shines...

Terri said...

Glad you were able to join in this month. Pretty card. I bet your friend will love it!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Glad to see you on the PTI blog hop.

Janelle said...

What fun to visit your blog for the first time! And congrats on participating in your first PTI Blog Hop! Your card is so bright and pretty. And I'm sure that, as well as you write, your friend (your very-different-from-you friend) will treasure the card and your words for the rest of her life. Isn't it so great that we're not all the same? :)

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful monologue and gorgeous card! I loved to read the backstory of who the card is for. It makes the card all the more lovely.

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing this story. Your card is stunning.....what a gorgeous color combination!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful card!

Terri E. said...

Bright and fun. Thanks for your hard work in the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Helen F. said...

What a beautiful card and touching tribute to your friend. Hopefully you will be able to visit if not always keep in touch with one another!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I'm so glad you found a way to show us your Beautiful card! Your dear friend will love it.

nancy jane said...

This is a wonderful tribute to your friendship. From what you wrote of your friend, this card with its bold colors fits her personality. Add the sentiment is perfect.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

What a beautiful card and such a touching story to go with it. I'm glad you participated in the blog hop so I had the opportunity to find your blog!

christy compton hall said...

This is gorgeous Renee! You're friend will love it! You're good to be so open-minded about your little difference - the world needs more people like you :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh MY, what a GORGEOUS card!!!

BethieJ said...

Renee this is BEAUTIFUL!! I am sure your friend will LOVE it! I LOVED reading your writing about her!! I AGREE! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Renee, this blog post is beautiful and from the heart. I love your card and I'm sure she'll love it too.

Sharron said...

Renee, your card is FABULOUS--so bright, happy and beautifully colored! And I LOVE your blog. It is absolutely charming. I will be sure to visit again!

Rosanne said...

Lovely card Renee!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful!!! Great job colouring in the flower. It's on my list of staps to get. :)

Karen C said...

Great colors and wonderful coloring of the morning glories! Your friend is sure to treasure it!

Jen said...

Wow! Wow! And Wow! What a beautiful card. I enjoyed your post in its entirety. Thanks for a lovely visit to your special corner of the world.

Lorraine said...

Ooh, love your card - the bold, bright colors and colored image! I am sure that this card will let your friend know how special she is to you.

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I LOVE your style - your card AND your blog. I have so enjoyed reading everything!!

Stephanie said...

Renee......This is just beautiful! Sorry it took me so long to get here.....but, I'm still working on it! LOL

Amy Beth said...

Beautiful!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Your card is just beautiful, and all the more meaningful because of your story!

Chris L.

Linda said...

Gorgeous! Love the gingham ribbon and how you framed the flowers. Great card!

jen said...

What a wonderful combo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...