Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Close My Eyes...

only for a moment and the moment's gone.
                                         Kansas
                                         Dust in the Wind


I've been absent for a couple of days...

and my mind is still boggled with all the festivities that went on over at PTI...

challenges...

contests...

previews...

release night frenzy.

But now back to a regular routine...

though they did issue a new challenge for...



And the challenge this week is to use vellum for your sentiment.

Sounds easy until you go to apply that vellum...

then...

well...

learning experience.

I choose to use Lisa Johnson's Life set for this one...



I love the sentiments in this set.

It's what a life is...

moments...

memories...

      Time.

      Life really just comes down to time.

     A life a compromised of millions of moments, small fragments of time that are forever given to us.  But do we recognize those moments for the gift that they are or do we let them pass us by, never to remember again?

    Do we only think of time when it interferes with our schedule, with our plans?  Or do we treasure each given moment knowing that any one could be the last?

    And if someday, you are only left with memories, will you have enough to live a lifetime again?

   Time.

   Early, late, sometimes, never.

   Past, present, future.

  Time is everything.


I would love to see more sentiments for this set...

and I know this card is simple, easy...

could do it with your eyes closed...

but I still like it.

And even though you can't tell from the above shot...

after Nichole's denim ribbon the other day...

started investigating some different clothing items in my house and decided to rip into some old leather pants...

yes.

I actually own these...

I was an 80's child...

my only explanation...

and the black strip is actually a strip of leather...

a close up shot...




And this is not how I first saw using this leather...

that card is still in the making...

may never be seen...

but I still think it worked here too.


Supplies:  All supplies PTI unless noted
                Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Simply Chartreuse
                Stamp set: Life
                Buttons and thread: PTI
                Dies: Nestabilities
                Ink: SU
                Patterened paper: Pink Paislee
                Misc: vellum and leather





7 comments :

Sara Mac said...

Great card Renee! The vellum layer looks great with the stems behind it. Who knew that vellum and leather could work together? :) By the way, I still have my leather pants and a leather mini-skirt in my closet...also a child of the 80's.

Cathy Weber said...

New would have thought of vellum and leather together. It totally works on this. I am so glad you posted the close up of the leather. the life set does have great sentiments and looks so pretty stamped behind the vellum. Great job.

Kara said...

love the leather strip..so cool!!

Helen F. said...

LOVE your card, Renee..but I can't believe you cut up your leather pants! Don't you know they are coming back in style :o?

Lisa said...

Very cool

Amy said...

Your vellum looks fantastic layered over the Life blooms! Leather? Great something else I need to look for to use on my cards! LOL The texture adds so much to that layer!

Janelle said...

Love the vellum layered over the silhouette flowers. Leather pants? Yikes! Nice job sacrificing them in the name of a crafting challenge. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...