Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Not A Romantic...

Valentine's Day is coming...

a Holiday that I truly just don't enjoy.

I'm not a romantic...

I don't dream of dinner by candlelight...


OK...

as I look out at the snow on the ground...

the beach is looking really good right now.


I don't ask for or want a bouquet of roses...


And though the lilies are gorgeous...

I would much rather have a rose bush to plant into the ground and have roses all Summer long.


I don't expect my hubby to come in reciting poetry with a box of chocolates...


though chocolate is my best friend and I love me some chocolate!

No.

This is not for me. 

Instead this year for me...

the perfect Valentine's will be spent anxiously awaiting for PTI's new product to go live.

And don't start thinking that isn't romantic...

because knowing hubby will bring dinner home and I don't have to cook...

he will also bathe and get kiddies ready for bed...

and I will be allowed to have some "me" time...

do some shopping of things I really want...

well...

it really doesn't get any more romantic than that.

And the celebration continues over at PTI...

today we were challenged to make tags...

and I used this opportunity to make some Valentine tags for the kids...












They're plain...

they're simple...

and they will be attached to chocolate and a giftcard...

and the kids will not glance at them any longer than necessary to get to the chocolate.

Just like me...

they're not romantics either.


Supplies:  All Supplies PTI Unless Noted
                Stamps: TT Valentines
                Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, New Leaf,
                Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy
                Buttons: PTI
                Markers: Copics
                Ink: SU
                Misc: patterned paper & ribbon

9 comments :

  1. i don't think they're plain at all! i love the colors and your coloring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable and I love the gingham in the background. Gingham is a really popular trend these days. You colored these tags so nicely. I bet your kids loved them...and the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job coloring and I totally agree about the gingham - it's one of my faborites. These are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the BEST color for Valentine's tags! Outta the box, girl! And, right... we'll be secretly spending all of Valentine's day thinking about the release that night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tags! Love your post! I was wondering what you were going to want for Valentine's Day and I burst out laughing when I read it was more PTI! A PTI pal after my own heart! That's what I want for Valentine's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute tags, I love the colours. Enjoyed your post. Way to have your priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, Renee! Love the colors and how bright they are for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya there about v-day. I'd rather pass on the flowers and expensive/crowded restaurants. I roll my eyes at all the sappy tv commercials lately. Hubby is only required to buy chocolate. As for your tags, SO CUTE! No they are not plain looking. Love the colors and that strip of gingham. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was the BEST Valentine's Day wasn't it? My hubby came home and said, "I was given some tickets to the KU vs. KSU basketball game tonight and i'm not sure I should go." I said, "GO!" It was perfect timing, as I got to chat with my PTI friends on MSN and order when things went live, then he arrived home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...