Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's Loreal...

and I'm worth it.

Ok...

my hair is worth it.

And it is getting seriously gray.

I'm pretty sure my boys have caused this steady acceleration to gray...

it seems I get new ones every day.

And really...

it is quite beautiful.

Not so much gray as white. 

Beautiful snow white.

I guess it comes from my natural jet black hair...

which I have colored since I was a teen and realized that my black hair...

dark eyes...

and Irish skin...

made me look Elviraish...

only without the fab bod and pumped up hooties.

My natural black hair that I inherited from my Grandmother...

she was part Pennsylvania Dutch...

part Chickasaw...

and you get to figure that one out.

But my hair has surpassed my abilities...

a little tidbit...

I'm a beauty school dropout.

When I was younger...

I loved hair...

makeup...

and thought it would be so cool to style the hair of some of my fav bands...


especially since they had a lot of it...

and even wore makeup...

so off to beauty school I go.

No one warned me I would have to start with older women from the nursing home.

And after asking one them 5 times if I was getting her wet while shampooing...

and being told "no"...

5 times...

when she stood up and her entire backside was drenched and she started removing clothing...

and I ran screaming because there were body parts in places that I was not accustomed to them being...

I decided I just liked my hair.

So I then added "dropout" to my resume.

And except for cuts...

though I have at times attempted even those...

I've been able to get by on my own.

But the gray has me beat.

I know I could color it the way it needs...

and I know I would totally screw it up and it would require one of the kids college funds to fix...

so I'm going to schedule an appointment with my guy.

But for tonight...

I decided to do just a quick fix that will only last for about 2 weeks...

and while waiting for the "fix" to happen...

decided to play with some Whippersnapper.

I've had this little guy for a while...

never inked him...

but it was time.

And even though I broke my rule of at least 12 hours before Copics...

I did blast him with the heat gun.


It came together quickly...

just enough time for Loreal to work it's temporary magic.


Supplies: Cardstock: PTI New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst,
               Stamper's Select
               Stamp: Whippersnapper
               Ribbon: PTI Hibiscus Burst
               Dies: Nestabilities Circles large
               Ink: Copics and SU
               Misc: patterned paper

 

7 comments :

  1. Cute card and doubly fun post. Thanks for your candor and boundless creativity. You are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute and what a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable image! I'm having so much fun reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From someone who has way more covered up gray than you, I did laugh at this post today. Such a cute card and I bet even I could color this little guy. So sweet. Love hearing from you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's just precious and you did a wonderful job coloring him. Hope your hair turned out as great as this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love reading your posts...got a great giggle out of this one tonight. ;) Oh yes...and I love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love these bright colors...and that bow? YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...