Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Bragging...

Today I'm in total Mom mode...

I know...

sometimes I really just don't like those Moms either.

And it's ok if you don't like me today...

because I'm in Mom mode.


That's my girl...

I'm kind'a partial to her...

ok...

I love her.

I think she's beautiful...

I know she's incredibly intelligent...

she's 13 and just scored a composite score of 22 on the ACT.

The real ACT.

Not genius...

but highly intelligent.

She's kind...

loyal to a fault...

has a laid-back-easy-going-never-stresses attitude...

and a totally kooky sense of humor.

I think she's talented too...

she drew these free hand the other night in art class...

no photos...

just her mind...

and her very first attempt ever at working with oil pastels...





I know she won't set the art world on fire...

and that's fine...

she is who she is...

but I think she has talent...

and with guidance...

the talent will grow.

She wants to be an author/illustrator when she grows up...

and I will encourage her any way I can.

But she's also planning on a degree...

science...

so that she can get a job to pay the bills until what she truly wants to do in life...

will pay the bills.

Yeah.

She's pretty smart.

Did I mention she's just like me?  :)

Now I'm off to buy frames...

because I'm in total Mom mode today.

7 comments :

  1. What a lovely post. Your daughter is beautiful!
    I love to hear people talk about their children like this. I do it all the time, they just amaze me.
    thanks for sharing!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she already took the ACT. Wow. She is beautiful and smart. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders too. Such a nice post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post...Mom mode is a GREAT place to be, in fact it's the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She made some gorgeous art there! Beautiful pics, Renee. I love the science - it's my thing ;) There are many careers in biotech here in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to brag - this is wonderful! Congrats to her!! And good for her for wanting to do science - she and I have that in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always alright to brag about your kids! I do it all the time! She has such talent! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is gorgeous and smart, Renee! Go ahead and brag brag brag~~love her art work and would definitely frame those beauties :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...