Monday, February 21, 2011

Make It Monday #3

Another Make It Monday challenge at PTI...

this week is glitter strips with scor tape.

I'm so glad vellum is over...

even with Kara at kandrdesigns tip about vellum tape...

it is not my friend.

And unfortunately...

not much of a glitter person either.

But this is what challenges are...

right?

To challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone...

try new things...

I just wish they would give me one that didn't feel as though I was competing in the Tri-Wizard Challenge.

But I'm not going to wax on about what could have be done different...

I've already seen a couple of things...

but instead I'm going to tell you what I like about this...



I love that it only took about 20 minutes...


instead of 2 hours staring out the window...

moving this...

cutting that.

I love the mod feel of the colors...

with the mod feel of the frame from TT Halloween

I love that I borrowed Laurie from SoapboxCreations idea for using Four of a Kind...

thank you Laurie.

And I love my leather flower.

It's the only set of flower dies I have...

I'm so going to have to get more.



Supplies:  All Supplies PTI unless noted
               Cardstock: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Simply
               Chartreuse
               Stamps: TT Halloween, Four of a Kind,
               Mat Stack 3 Collection
               Dies: Mat Stack 4, Limitless Layers 1 3/4
               Double Ended Banners
               Ink: SU
               Button: Raspberry Fizz
               Misc: scor tape, MS Glitter, leather


Note:  Helen...I love that the 80's are coming back...
          Yeah!
          But 20 years...
          4 kids...
          my hiney was never going back into those leather jeans!

15 comments :

  1. WOW this card turned out gorgeous. I do like the color combination and your flower. I am not a great fan of Glitter either - so this will indeed be a challenge for me as well. I hardly use it in my projects. The same goes for vellum also, but surprisingly, I liked the Vellum Sentiment strip idea and ended up doing two cards for that challenge. So, I am hoping this challenge will help me overcome my glitter issues. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is soo pretty! I like your flower and that big glitter strip! I don't have much "colored" glitter but this challenge sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card, Renee! The colors are so much fun! I like the simple layout. It's one I'm going to have to CASE. You also used several of my favorite PTI dies. Great job on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination! Great Card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this one is so bright and cheery~love that it only took 20 minutes (I tend to take the 2 hour route waaaay too often).
    PS: I so know what you mean about fitting into those 20 year old jeans~~but I'm still holding out hope to get into the ones hanging in my closet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee this is so pretty! I love the colors you picked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I do love the pink and green. and I love the wide glitter strip.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, yeah - 20 minutes? No way. Love that brown glitter and the leather flower with the mod TT stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and cheery card! I'm lovin' that leather flower! I think it goes perfectly with the Mat Stack 4 image you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did great!! :-)... and you're funny so you have nothing to worry about, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute color combo! :) And the leather flower?? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate to a lot of what you said. I love your color combo and I LOVE that leather flower! I gotta look for those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your color combo and that leather flower rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!! Love the colors you used and your cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, I love the purple glitter and the fab flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...