Monday, February 28, 2011

Make It Monday #4

Edited to add additional photo below

It's Monday...

and time for another...

I really look forward to these challenges each week...

they get me to think outside of my comfort zone...

and my card stash is growing incredibly...

and this week the challenge is...

Fun Foam.

This was literally a challenge for me...

I cleaned out my craft closet at the end of the year...

and actually tossed all of my fun foam.

Luckily...

my dear hubby snatched some for his fly fishing ties...

and I was able to raid his little stash and found just enough black to come up with this...





I'm pretty sure those at PTI had something a little more challenging in mind...

and though I had fun doing this...

we have thunderstorms and heavy rain falling right now...

in fact...

as I look out my front window at the rain pouring off my yard and pooling into a small lake in the road in front of my house...

it's eerily reminiscent of May 2010 when all of Middle TN became flooded...

so a run to the craft store for new supplies will have to wait till tomorrow.

And then...

I'm going to give this another go!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!


The Details:  All Supplies PTI unless noted
                   Cardstock: Spring Rain, True Black
                   Rustic White
                   Stamps: Signature Series: Dress Form
                   Die: Dress Form
                   Ink & ribbon: SU
                   Misc: fun foam and bling

19 comments :

  1. Really pretty, Renee! I love the necklace on the foam. It adds just that special touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful,everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee this is great! I love that the dress form is black, as it lets the necklace really sparkle. Good thing the small piece of fun foam you found wasn't some hideous color:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "challenging" or not, this is adorable! love the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color combo! And the bling necklace! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty, Renee! Love the dress form done with the foam, and the ribbon and gems make for a very chic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! And perfect for this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? That's why I never toss anything, lol! I love what you did with this card, tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use the dress form for the foam! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! Love that necklace, the sparkle, and the crisp color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love this CAS design using fun foam! Love that black dressform because the bling really shows up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunningly simple and elegant card Renee. I must admit....when I first saw this week's challenge I was stumped as I've never heard of fun foam before. I don't have kids and its not something I've ever heard down here in Australia in all my crafting years. Guess I'll have to have look around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and elegant, Renee. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty! I love the dress with the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! That is one of my favorite dies - your card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great way to use the foam!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty card. The sentiment fits the card so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, Renee. Love your dress form and the necklace on it :o) Pretty blue satin bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was SURE I'd left a comment when I saw this card last week, but I guess not! I love how simply elegant this card is! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...