Monday, February 21, 2011

My Car Is Really Cool...

seriously.

Really cool.

My car is like the coolest car on the planet...

and there is no other car like mine.

At least that's what my boys will tell you...

"Mom's car is so cool"...

and you're going to be soooo jealous!

This is my car...



OK...

technically this is not my car.

Mine's white...

and in serious need of some car care after the Winter...

but it is a Honda Odyssey.

And basically it's a cool car no matter how you go at it because...

any minivan brave enough to have Judas Priest playing in it's commercials...

well...

it's a seriously cool car!

But see...

mine is even cooler than having Judas Priest blasting from the stereo...

and some bad 80's hair band wannabe on the screen tv...

cause see...

mine's a Transformer.

Yup...

you heard right...

a Transformer.



That's Bumblebee.

He's an Autobot.

But my car's an Autobot too.

Her name's Minnie.

I know...

original.

My youngest is nicknamed Dinky...

what did you expect?

I love Transformers.

And yes...

I am actually a girl.

I also think hockey is like the coolest game...

EVER!

But I love Transformers...

the movies...

I don't actually play with the toys.

My boys do.

And I can't wait for July when Transformers 3 comes out...



in fact...

I personally think that was the best commercial during the Super Bowl...

EXCITED!

Now...

you're asking yourself why my boys believe my car is a Transformer...

and why I would ever tell them that.

It's simple...

it's a minivan.

A seriously cool minivan...

but still...

a mini...

and I wanted them to think I'm way cooler than Dad.

Trust me...

I want the Camaro.

I really want the Camaro...

but seriously?

Where do I put 4 kids and a hubby?

So I can't drive Bumblebee...

and I came up with something to make my car seem cool.

I didn't actually plan it.

They were watching Transformers at the time...

and I was needing to take her in for some new tires...

and just kind'a came out how Minnie had gotten injured the night before while she was out battling Deceptacons while the boys were asleep...

because she never transforms during the day hours...

only at night...

and that's why I needed new tires.

They totally bought it.

Now...

am I a bad Mom for lying to my kids?

Maybe...

but do you teach your children to believe in Santa?

The Tooth Fairy?

Yeah...

I do too.

So what is so wrong then with me telling them my car transforms into an Autobot?

Isn't it teaching them to imagine the unbelievable?

To stretch their imaginations...

and to believe anything is possible if only we imagine?

Imagination is the father of invention...

discovery.

What would life be like for us if The Wright Brothers never imagined soaring in the skies...




or Thomas Edison never invented the lightbulb?




And what if one of my boys grows up to discover a cure for cancer...

or invents artificial, universal organs so that no one ever again dies waiting on a heart, lung, liver transplant...

or carries the guilt of hoping someone dies so that they may live?

What if they discover how to regrow brain cells so that head traumas become nothing more to the brain than a bruise to an arm or a leg...

or how to repair a broken spinal cord so that no one ever has to live with paralysis?

What if one of them actually figures out how to bring about world peace...

and all because their Mom told them her car was a Transformer.

Because their Mom gave them the seeds for imagination to grow...

and then...

they really do believe anything is possible...

and limits are only where the imagination ends.

Will you think I'm a bad Mom then?

OK...

maybe I am pushing it by telling them the candy bar wrappers in the car are from Minnie's nights out with the guys...

she doesn't drink and drive...

that's wrong...

but chocolate and driving...

totally legal.

I think they may be onto me with that story...

but if I bring the chocolate into the house...

they eat it...

and what happens to me when I need it?

They also know I'm waiting on Michael Bay to call so he can use my seriously cool car...

Minnie...

in his next film...

so...

for the future betterment of the world...

Michael...



loved Armageddon and Pearl Harbor...

and so love that Linkin Park rocks all the Transformers movies...

and...

Honda really rocks a mini so...

call me.

7 comments :

tfiskers said...

Gurl, my hubbie and I are so j of your ride. It really IS super COOL! Amazing!

christy compton hall said...

We're about to expand from a family of 3 to 5, so we're looking into one of these babies. Fun post today!

good_day1214 said...

Such a funny post! I LOVE those commercials and thought it was such a creative way to sexify a minivan. So in whatever form, minivan or Autobot.. take pride in your ride! And I'm with ya on the Camaro. I've been visually oogling that vehicle ever since it came out. I'd divorce my husband if I had to choose between him and owning one. And the convertible?? Oooh yeah... sexiness!

Michelle said...

You're too funny, Renee! I love my Honda Odyssey and I love Transformers, too. Used to watch the cartoons when I was younger. Our car's name is...Oddy. What did you expect?

Amy said...

Your story is so funny! I totally LOVE Transformers movies and like you, can NOT wait till July!!! I'm from the generation when Transformers FIRST came out! The toys are kinda fun too :)

Sära said...

Oh my word, you are hilarious! I really had to laugh though becuase that "80's hair band wannabe" in the Odyssey commercial is my friend Will from high school. It's the same guy at the beginning who drops the milk. He just puts on a wig for the rockstar shot. :)
I haven't seen Transformers yet, but you sure make me want to check it out now!

Timmy Radloff said...

Haha! Naming your cars after Transformer is indeed very cool! Well, I name my cars after my favorite basketball players.


-Timmy Radloff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...