Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cups



Time for another Papertrey Paper Dolls challenge...

you can check out the challenge here

and this time Amy challenged us to

         1. use embossing

         2. your fav PTI flower

         3. Spring colors

Easy...

right?

Not for someone who...

1. never considered herself a flower person.

I've always enjoyed shrubs...

low maintence.

2. is a not a pastel person...

I go for bold colors...

Summer is more up my alley...

so technically...

I may have used Summer colors...

but I think they look Springy.



I had to try Nichole's denim ribbon here...

she did it much better...

but gingham and denim cutoffs...

it's a Southern tradition.

And...while everyone else was stalking their mailman...

UPS guy...

for their new goodies from PTI...

believe me...

I was doing it too...

and though very excited to get the "new" new goodies...

I was more excited about getting this set...

YOF Daffodils.

It's new to me and I just love it and couldn't wait to play with it.

I associate Spring with Buttercups...

and when I start seeing them beginning to sprout from the ground...

I know Spring is on it's way.

And I've seen those sprouts everywhere over the last week...

say it with me...

YEAH!

And Buttercups are special to me...

they bring back a very special memory for me...

one I will always cherish...

and one that will make this set a favorite because every time I use it...

it will remind me of my girls when they were much younger.

Haley always spoke in full sentences...

she never really spoke "baby talk"...

always sentences...

with a tiny, baby voice.

She also spoke with a British accent...

which we never figured that one out...

but she loved Buttercups.

Loved all flowers and when they would start blooming...

she started picking...

and I was always guaranteed plenty of bouquets.

Sometimes the stems would be almost to the roots...

sometimes they would barely be long enough to fit in a small baby food jar...

but she was always so happy to give me a bouquet of flowers she had picked all by herself.

And it was the sweetest thing when she would come running to me...

grinning from ear to ear...

"Mommy...cos you eyes...

I got a 'prise for you...

peanut butter cups".




Supplies:  All Supplies PTI unless noted
               Cardstock: New Leaf, Harvest Gold
               Stampers Select
               Stamps: YOF Daffodils, Scattered Showers
               Ink: Copics and SU
               Misc: patterned paper, denim, twine
            

11 comments :

  1. Renee, that is certainly a story to cherish forever! I love your card especially the gingham background and the denim piece! Love the unique way to highlight the daffodil too! Thanks for playing along with my challenge on the Doll's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you were so excited to get your daffodil set. You did a great job coloring it. I am amazed how you worked that piece of denim. It is absolutely perfect for this card. Your story today was another one to remember and tell her children one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you did your flower with the circle punch! The denim gives it such a homey feel - just perfect for that heart-warming story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! You did well with the Spring colors and the other challenge details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Renee - I LOVE your darling story - brought tears to my eyes and reminded me to enjoy THIS moment while the kids are little and so innocent. {and your card is sweet too} ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your denim bow!!! It's just perfect! And as always, I just love the story that goes with it. You are such a talented writer AND card maker! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story. Your card is beautiful. I love the gingham and denim combo. It does remind me of summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet story, Renee. I have four girls and I totally understand what you're saying. Love your card. I think the color combo looks springy. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it, but am quickly looking away because I don't want to get roped into getting any of the Year of Flowers sets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...