Friday, February 25, 2011

A Wonderful Day...


It's time for Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop...

and the challenge is...

This month we decided to dedicate the Blog Hop to scallops!  We want to see your best use of scallops, of any sort, on a project!  This can include scalloped borders, offset-scallops, stamped scallops,  scalloped mats, scalloped frames, layered scallops, scalloped tags or anything else you can dream up! You can use dies, patterned scissors or even circle punches in a row to achieve your special look. We are looking forward to seeing all of your amazing creations!


I got all my new goodies the other day.

I love getting goodies...

oogling them...

imagining all the ways I'm going to use them...

I love goodies.

And I didn't even have to threaten the UPS man with bodily harm for holding my package hostage...

so I was very happy...

it was going to be a wonderful week. 

And I ripped into my package...

and went straight to work using some of these new goodies.

Everyone was where they were supposed to be... 

Haley at Art...

the boys were not fighting... 

dinner was on time and finished...

I was going to get play time and life was good.

Until...

my modem died.

I hate when my internet goes down...

I have come to depend on it for so many things...

I want to know what the weather is doing...

I go to NewsChannel 5.

Need new clothes...

I go shopping.

Kids have a question...

I Goggle.

So being without it?

I was lost.

Then hubby had car problems.

Thought he fixed it...

but yesterday morning found him waiting for a tow from Nashville in the pouring rain...

new modem...

part #1...

tow...

and now part #2...

my bank account is shrinking and this was supposed to be a wonderful week.

Spring is coming...

I got new goodies...

where did my wonderful week go?

There is nothing about my week that has been catastrophic...

we will recover from absolutely everything...

got a new modem...

hubby will fix his truck...

and my account will see a little money again.

What about those whose life is forever altered by illness...

accidents...

devastating news?

No...

I've had bumps in the road this week...

but my life is good.

And today...

well...

I have a lot to be thankful for.

Our home is still intact after some rough storms ripped through TN last night...

I have Mtn Dew in the fridge...

(I sent hubby to the grocery just in case)

my laundry pile has diminished a little...

and all of my children are healthy.

I have so much to be thankful for...

a bump in the road should never get me down...

or discouraged...

and instead...

I should always remember that every day has the potential to be a wonderful day...

if I only focus on all the positives.

Downed modem?

A chance to get caught up on a project that is lagging behind.

Car trouble?

At least it's paid for.

Today is going to be a wonderful day for me...

I wish the same for you.





Supplies: All supplies PTI unless noted
              Cardstock: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz
              Royal Velvet, New Leaf, Stamper's Select
              Stamps: Flower Fusion #1
              Buttons: Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf,
              Royal Velvet
              Punches: Marvy Uchida 2" Scallop square, 1 1/2 "
              square
              Misc: SU ink, twine
             









 

25 comments :

  1. This is very creative! Scallops as a frame for a stamped image. Great idea Renee. This is a bright and cheerful card. I can see that you really do prefer bright colors. Great job on this one. That flower image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I love that you haven't stamped all the leaves green! A great project with this wonderful stamp set - can't wait for mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scallop frames are very cute! Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First...your card is super cute! Love it!

    Second- I read your entire post, and think you have your priorities right! Bumps in the road are just that...bumps. They happen...often! Money is always a hard one...it is where I struggle most because I don't like to feel out of control or worried. But, then I remember my trip to Kenya in December and put everything back in perspective. So, that long drawn out explanation just means I liked reading your post! Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you DO have a wonderful day today!! Your card is so cute! I really like that you mixed up the flower colors for the stems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of Flower Fusion. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bright, happy colors and your scalloped frames!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute frames and great colors! i'm ridiculously addicted to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Love the scalloped frames.Glad you got your internet working again. I would be lost without mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Renee! I like the idea of scalloped windows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little windows! So fun! Adorable card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute!! you did very good matching the RV with SU ink. love the FF#1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Love those framed flowers. And you've got it right ... It's 10% circumstances and 90% our attitude when handling those circumstances that can make or break us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice colors on your card, Renee. And you are so right about those little nagging things that can turn a good day sour. Helps to look at the big picture... you know, the grand scheme of things... most of our setbacks are just inconveniences. Good to keep a positive attitude. And, back to your card -- looks like you had fun with your new goodies. New goodies... truly something to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors you chose for these happy little flowers! The scalloped frames are such a great way to accent them. Glad you were able to find a positive outlook on some unhappy events and still create this sweet card to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun use of Flower Fusion...and all the colors!?!?! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cheery card and all the "GOOD" that came out of your week :o) After a rather long day (9+2(driving)=11 hours)at the hospital, I was just looking for a positive twist on my day. Thank you, Renee for helping me out here and yes, 'things could always be much worse'. Thanks also for your sweet comment on my blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Renee, sorry to hear about your bumps in the road but you have great perspective on things. I loved reading your post. The card is awesome - now I totally want that flower set. I love those colors together and how everything just seems so balanced and well put-together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Renee-I love this card. I just got this set and wondered what the leaves would look like stamped in non-green! Now I know - they look great! I love the scalloped frames! Great way to fit into the scallops challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic post and a very cute card!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Renee, this is such a sweet card! The first thing I thought of when I saw it was 3 happy little scallop framed flower pictures hanging on a wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great outlook you have! Keep smiling girl :)
    You did a great job on the blog hop challenge. Those flowers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. See now I NEED this flower image! What a cute card and scallop frames for those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing such an awesome post with such a positive spin on things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...