Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Make It Monday #6





Edited below with Diane's suggestion



Before anything is said...

yes.

It's Wednesday.

I'm still running behind.

We have sunshine here in TN...

and we're going to be seeing temps near 80 for the rest of the week...

YEAH!  Spring is here!



And so are my allergies.

But we're all over the flu...

yeah...

I didn't like that too much.

And while I was down with the flu...

I was hurting really bad...

I mean...

never-hurt-this-bad-in-my-life bad...

so I convinced myself it more than the flu and it was bad.

When I really got scared and said something to love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married...

this is how that conversation went...


M: I'm really hurting...I can't stand...I can't sit...I can't lay...
it's a tumor.
H: Where does it start?
M: (pointing at my lower back) Here.
H: You've pinched a nerve.
M:  No.  I watched Danielle Steele's Fine Things when I was younger and she died from cancer and it started in her hips.
It's a tumor.
H: Starts here (pointing)...goes into your hips and legs?
M: Yes.
H: You pinched a nerve.
M: OH, REALLY?  Well what about Muriel's Wedding?  I've been trying not to do anything to fall because she wound up paralyzed...from a tumor!
I'm telling you...it's a tumor!
H: (Calmly...) Remember the internet and your melanoma?
M: Oh...
maybe I did pinch a nerve.


The melanoma story is long...

but I will say that the dermatologist advised that sometimes the internet is a good thing...

but sometimes it is a bad thing...

and I should probably avoid it.

So...

getting back to normal...

it's another Make It Monday over at PTI.

This week's challenge was partial impressions/embossing.

Now...had difficulty because I realized I didn't have any impression plates...

and only a couple embossing folders...

so had problems trying to figure out what to do with very limited supplies.

I did order the new impression plate Monday night though...

and I was just reminded of a friend's birthday coming up this weekend...

where has this month gone?

So decided to make her a birthday card using this challenge...


 And another because I really love the way Laurie Beth does it...





But I still think it needs something...

any suggestions?

I can accept all suggestions until Sunday...

when I will need to give her this card...

while we meet JODI!
 
But hope you can find the time to join the challenge too...

Edit:

Diane suggested this...

and it adds that little something that was missing.



And the thing is...

I had the doily cut for it...

but couldn't decide how to use it!

Thank you Diane!



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Spring Rain
Stamps: Tag It's #1, Think Big Favorites #1
Ribbon: Pure Poppy Twill
Dies: Fillable Frames #11, Nestabilities Circle
Ink and embossing folder: SU
Misc: bling

13 comments :

  1. This is so sweet Renee :) If I wanted to add a little something extra to this card, I would cut a Doily Details die from Kraft, and have just a small bit of it peeking out the left side of the sentiment panel. But really, I think it's great just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card both ways, but Diane does make beautiful cards and that kraft doily really does add something to it. I wouldn't have thought to do it either. The impression looks really nice on your card. You sure do make nice blue and red cards Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Diane had a great idea about the doily die tucked in there. This color combination is super as is the color combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card and diane really had a great idea to make that card have an extra pop! love our pti friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty!! Love the colors and how you laid everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Renee! Love your card--great colors and I really like the cutout circle. The design is wonderful either way but the kraft doily does add contrast and looks charming peaking out from behind the sentiment.

    I finally finished 'The Help' and really loved it. Especially loved how she brought the characters to life. Made me wish I could be at one of the meetings! So envious of you getting to meet Jodi. Bet it will be fun! Have you read 'Sing You Home' yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like me. I am always consulting Dr. Google and thinking the worst. Cute card! I bet your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I really like how you tied the ribbon through the circle cut-out. I like it with or without the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you cut the circle out, and the way did the ribbon. Love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! You crack me up! Your pics look great! I do love that card too! The red really pops off of that blue! Great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both cards, Renee, wonderful idea to add the doily. I always want to add "something or another" to every CAS card I attempt to make. So hard to leave well enough alone. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the chuckle, Renee. I think the addition of the doily is a great addition to the card...but it was pretty great even before it as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...