Monday, March 21, 2011

Make It Monday #7

Time for another Make It Monday challenge over at PTI.

This week we were challenged to add color to non-neutral cardstock.

And I got my new goodies first thing this morning...

love that gingham background.

But it's hard to line up.

So I've been practicing...

I will not tell you how many trees died for my practice...

but I will plant some new ones in my yard very soon.

I love the YOF series...

I think they're perfect for Copics.

And since we have beautiful Spring weather here in TN...

and I actually did a similar card a few weeks ago for one of the Papertrey Paper Dolls challenges...

I pulled out my Buttercup.

Sorry...

I know PTI calls it Daffodil...

but where I'm from...

they're Buttercups.

And nothing says Spring better in the South than Buttercups, gingham and cutoffs.

So...

here's my MIM...

Yup...

apparently Linda and I had the same thoughts today....

Buttercups, gingham and even the same sentiment.

She made a truly beautiful card...

I love her little bag.

And I promise you that I never saw her card until mine was finished.

It's just something I do...

I never look at any posted until mine is done and ready to be posted.

So you can imagine my surprise...

but I killed trees tonight...

they died for that gingham background.

I fed my kids grilled cheese sandwiches because they were quick and I could get back to destroying the forests...

for that masked, gingham background that I finally got down...



so you're just going to have to see my card too!


Edited: 3-22-11
Linda complimented me by saying "Brilliant minds...", truly a compliment to me...maybe not so much to her...because she did it much better...her card is truly stunning.  Make sure to visit her if you haven't already.
I suggested we think alike again next week too... :) 


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted:
Cardstock: Kraft, Lemon Tart, Spring Rain
Stamps: YOF Daffodils, Background Basics: Gingham
Ink: Momento, Copics
Misc: denim ribbon

13 comments :

  1. Renee, you're just too much. Your card is fabulous. Your dedication to that background is unsurpassed! Your coloring is lovely. When all is said and done - great minds think alike and create very well also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, Very pretty card! Your background looks fabulous....you did a GREAT job lining this stamp up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I can see how hard you must have worked to get that gingham and the masking so perfect. The cards are different, just used the same main images. I haven't tried my gingham yet, was it the masking that was hard or lining up the gingham strips? That really is an absolutely beautiful coloring job on the flowers. You should be proud. Grilled cheese is a great dinner. We have had it many a night and no card was produced to show for it. As always, I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well daffodils (buttercups;), and gingham, and denim, are 3 of my favorite things, so naturally I ADORE this card! I haven't tried lining up my gingham yet, but your beautiful card gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cheery card and the gingham looks perfect! And great combo for Spring no matter where you live. Know what you mean about 'practicing' with the background images. I've gotten frustrated after doing both the front & back without a winner. I just hate to toss that much cardstock in the trash! Decided to not even try the gingham. I'll just have to look at everyone else's lovely creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with the masking and the gingham background. Your card turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, your background is perfection--A+, girl! You colored the buttercup beautifully, and using denim as ribbon? Brilliant. Did you cut a strip or did you find denim ribbon somewhere? In any case, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love that bright yellow, and that gingham background was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaahh, I'm feeling spring! Love the gingham with this too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coloring, Renee...I haven't been able to capture the shading technique myself, yet. :)
    So love yellow for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card's beautiful. i try to never look at the posted cards until i finish mine either :)you're nicer than i am, when i'm working on a card i tell my husband that cereal's for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gingham looks perfect, Renee... such a sweet card! I'm running out of time for this one, but hope to post something tomorrow. Lots o' drama going on here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous!!! I am so in love with that gingham! I love the yellow! So springy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...