Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Papertrey Paper Dolls Blog Hop



Yes...
you read right...
it's a...
          Papertrey Paper Dolls Blog Hop!

So glad you are here...and I will try to make it a brief as possible because this group is FULL of incredibly talented Dolls and I want you to have a chance to visit all of them and soak up some of their amazing inspiration!
Seriously...
I bow in awe of them every day.
This Blog Hop is a chance to introduce ourselves to everyone...
especially the "newbies"...
I'm one...
so Lee Anne challenged us with a PTI theme...
since this is the reason we all come together...
and mine came together like this...

           P = Pure Poppy cardstock
           T = True Black cardstock and ribbon
           I = Inside & Out Birthday

First...
going to introduce myself...
I'm Renee.
I live in TN...
a small town just outside of Nashville.
I was born here and have lived here most of my life.
I'm married to an incredibly wonderful guy who is so tolerant of this hobby of mine...
and we will celebrate 19 years this June.
We have 4 children...
twin 13 year old girls...
an 8 year old son and
a 4 year old son.
Our girls were born 13 weeks premature due to Twin to Twin Transfusion...
statistically neither should have survived...
and there is a day's worth of reading just explaining that alone...
but I have my girls and they are true joy.
Though Hunter was left blind with cerebral palsy and it's not always easy...
I am so incredibly and truly blessed to have her and to truly experience a small piece of heaven on earth everyday with her.
My boys...
well...
they're boys.
And I couldn't breath without them...
though they test me everyday.
I'm a stay-in-the-car Mom...
it's usually where I'm found.
But when I have a day to avoid my car...
as seriously cool as it may be...
see here for explanation...
I can be found in my jammies in my craft area trying to figure out what in the world I'm doing.
I've been stamping for about a year...
discovered PTI last Spring when I kept seeing their name in Paper Crafts Magazine...
decided to check them out.
Ordered my first order on May 1, 2010...
I remember this date vividly because that is the morning that the rain, rain, rain...
started coming...
down, down, down...
here in TN and by the next afternoon the entire midstate was flooded.
But I fell in love with PTI's paper...
and even if I were to never order another stamp set from PTI (I know...GASP!)...
I would never leave their paper.
Pure Poppy is my favorite color...
but that will change when they bring me a true Navy...
I'm a navy girl.
Navy and white is my favorite color combo...
and can't you just see that in some gingham?
Ordered my first stamp set in August when I had just happened upon July release and saw All Booked Up...
didn't realize the frenzy that occurs with release and since it was a day or 2 later when I tried to order...
I had to wait.
It's still my favorite stamp set and I will never be without it...
I show it lots of love.
I'm new to the Dolls...
and am so excited to join them!
This is an incredibly talented group of ladies and I am so honored to be a part of them...
they inspire me more than words could ever say.
Here's my card for the challenge...


And another one...


OK...absolutely no reason for that one...
I just love the way Laurie at SoapboxCreations does it and wanted to try it.
And now...
hope you will "hop" along to the next lovely Doll, Kristin, and gain some inspiration for yourself!
Remember to leave a comment below to be entered in the chance for the prize drawing...
PTI Made of Snow stamp set...
just in case my blog is the chosen blog!
And if you link your creative challenge masterpiece to our InLinkz found at the bottom of the challenge post so that we may gain inspiration from you...
you'll be entered in a drawing for a $25 PTI Gift Certificate!
And...
remember Doll challenges are open to everyone and there's a new one every two weeks...
check us out at here!
Thanks so much for visiting...hope you'll come back again when you have the time...
and Happy Hopping!

Papertrey Paper Dolls:
Jen
Lee Anne 
Laurie Beth
Deena 
Leish 
Amy 
Suzanne
Katie
Laurie
Cecilia
Michelle
Sara
Tanna
Kristin
Christy 


The Details:
All supplies PTI unless noted:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, True Black, Stamper's Select
Stamps: Inside & Out: Birthday, BB:Sheet Music
Ribbon: True Black
Misc: ink, bling and vellum

35 comments :

  1. Oh my, I keep reading the Dolls blogs and get tireder as I read! You girls are so very very busy and yet you still find time to create! My kids are all grown, on their own and I have oodles of time to create...yet I don't use it to the fullest!! I love your card! Going to have to put Inside and Out Birthday in my cart...rats! I really thought I would have a tiny order this month!! Glad to meet you, Renee-wonderful to hear your story. God blesses us in ways we least expect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black, white, and red color combo....a favorite of mine. the placement of the black pearls is just perfection!

    I have 3 boys, so I know what you mean about boys....but they make life so interesting and never, ever dull. Despite your challenges, you sound like you are a blessed person. Your strength (and your card!) inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! The music background with the sentiment is so fitting! Fun angle on your card too! :) I'm so glad you are a Paper Doll now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just lovely! I love the colors and the background! I am so glad for the hop today and for finding your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, elegant card. How fun to have your Paper Dolls group.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poppy, black and white combination is wonderful Renee. I am also in agreement about the Navy color - we need it! I am so glad you joined the rest of us Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black, white, and red. But I really love that background. The pearls are a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure Poppy is a great color, I use it a lot too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Renee! I had to CASE the sentiment for a Birthday card I am giving my friend tomorrow...don't have time to come up with something on my own right now :o) ~ Need to check out the challenge, hope I can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific card! I really like that color combo and the background stamp is something that's making it's way on my list of "need to haves." TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to have you in the bunch now Renee! Your card (and pictures) look great! I love that red white and black combo! My fave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. navy and white gingham does sound wonderful!! beautiful card...fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, you are such a sweetie and I loved reading about you. Thanks for joining our group! Your card is beautiful - I love it all, but I am so taken by the perfectly placed embellishments adorn the top and bottom of the mat stack piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee, I love the color combo you chose for this card. SO classic. Those black pearls really are perfect on the sentiment panel. Thanks for sharing more about yourself. It's amazing that your twin girls were born so early. They must be tough little cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just beautiful! I love your story. Thank you for sharing.

    I relate to you on many levels, but definitely on enjoying our new blog group! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my FAVORITE classic color combos! This is a beautiful card - and I do like that second 'angle' shot too ;)

    I had no idea your girls had TTTS - wow. You have been through a LOT! You're blessed to have happy & healthy teenagers now :) I always love to hear your family adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love a true navy from PTI also, they should call it just that too, "True Navy" :) Loved getting to know more about you Renee. Your card is wonderful, love the red/black/white vibe, the musical background, and the pretty focal panel (love how you embellished it with the black pearls!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors and the big sentiment. Very classy Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this blog hop is awesome! Not only is it full of craft inspiration, I am learning so much about all these fabulous women! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color combo with the music background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Renee! Love the color combo of red, white, and black. I really enjoy reading your posts. You always have a story to tell and I love the bits of humor you add. Your posts (here and on the forum) always bring a smile (and many times a laugh!) to my face. I'm really glad to have you as a part of the Dolls! Now, if you can just move near me, we can hang out and I'll let you use my stamps!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!! And probably ( I don't want to say for sure! LOL!) my favorite colors!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know I am your biggest fan. Your card is wonderful, the pure poppy is such a great color. I love the ribbon running down the center of the card. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing your story you must have gotten married when you were only 6 years old. You look about 25 years old! But that would be impossible if you have been married for 19 years.
    I love the classic color combo on your card. It was fun to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Doesn't get much better than red, black & white. Love how you added the bling and your sentiment stamped on vellum. Very classy. What a fun blog hop learning about all of you great stampers. Sounds like you've got your hands full ~ bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, these are absolutely stunning--all of the creations that I am seeing on your blogs. I just discovered the Paper Dolls and am so excited that I have added all of you to my favorites for inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Renee, I have so enjoyed reading your posts and the stories/laughter/tears behind them. Thank you for being a "Doll"! Your card is beautiful and I love how you added the pearls flanking the mat stack shape....very very nice! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a beautiful card!! You are a busy lil mama, but so glad you have found this craft therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card--very classy! Great colors and wonderful details--the placement of the black pearls and vellum look fabulous! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice, nice card... love the colors and stamps you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sheet Music as background for a birthday card--you know, that's the first thought I had when Dawn revealed the set--LOVE IT! And how you placed the little black blingies--so genius! Lovely to get to know you, Renee, and thanks for the sweet blog comments you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like that sentiment used as the focal point. very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful card! I love the sheet music background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...