Monday, March 21, 2011

Yup...He Loves Me

It's true.

Love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married-the-reason-Bonnie-Tyler's-Total-Eclipse-of-the-Heart-runs-through-my-head-complete-with-standing-on-the-edge-of-a-cliff-wind-whipping-my-hair-like-a-bad-80's-soundtrack-every-time-he-walks-into-the-room...

loves me.

Why?

Good question!

I spied an antique Post Master's desk a couple of weeks ago at one of my favorite haunts...

I really want it.

But...

I won't pay the price because...

some previous owner has not loved it well.

It's been painted.

And not just painted...

but painted badly.

A horrid paint job with glops of paint...

bad brush strokes...

and the color...

oh...the color.

Imagine terracotta...

now turn up the volume about 1000 decibals.

Bad.

So I want this desk...

or maybe one that's been better loved...

to store ribbon, buttons and felt in.

But...

well...

dear man that I love has also ordered no more furniture in the house.

Nothing can come in unless 2 things go out.

So...

I'm visiting Laurie Beth at SoapboxCreations the other day...

and I see what she has that her Dad made for her...

Nichole's Heady's ribbon organizer.

So...I give dear-man-that-I married a choice...

the PO desk that I found and love that I never mentioned to him thinking I might be able to just sneak it in and he would never notice...

until the light hit that paint job...

and it glowed like a nuclear reactor...

and I just happened to mention that any repairs would be beyond my abilities so I need to send it out to be refinished...

wallet please!

Or would he consider just making me one of the organizers?

He agreed...

very fast I might add...

and with his own little added twist...

Grasshopper has learned well...

he would need a new saw.

We struck a deal and this is what I got...


Lots of photos...

so sit still!

Look at those little jello molds I found...

the same day I found that PO desk...

been searching ever since I saw Mish's over at her blog,  Mish Mash.

And then...

because I don't have enough PTI ribbon to fill up one organizer...

had to fill in with some others I have...

because I have ribbon hoarding issues...

he made me another one...

This one is modified to be able to hold my Copics on the bottom...

got to get more containers...

and my buttons on top!

Love how they look home canned...

with homemade labels.

I used PTI's Fillable Frames #11 and hand wrote the names.

And a few more shots...

Mine are hung.

And yes...this is my dining room.

I don't have a craft room so this is where I craft.

This wardrobe...

it holds most of my craft stuff.

I also have an antique chest of drawers that I store things in too.

Unusual...

but it fits me.

We only use the dining room maybe once a year...

and I can just tuck things away when I need to...

and while I'm crafting...

I get to still be involved with everything going on in the house and with the kids...

so it really does work for me right now.

I had actually planned on showing you how much that wardrobe will hold...

but I'm reorganizing it...

and since I've got a sick one today...

it'll have to wait.

Now...did you check my gorgeous vintage tablecloth...

yes...I need to iron it...

and I will never craft on it...no way!

Just found that so thinking I need to paint and change the curtains...

and since yard sale and auction season is starting...

thought I would look for some quilt pieces and frame them above the shelves to make them look more like usable art...

what do you think?

Such a good thing hubby loves me!

And since he is not a really handy guy when it comes to woodworking...

I love him and God bless him...

he tries...

but I do think he did an awesome job with these...

he said he owes Mr. David Heady a pack of cold ones.

He did all the hard work...

but hubby wound up looking like the hero.

I can't wait to see what else Nichole has to show us from her new studio!

One last shot because I do love that man-that-I-married!

9 comments :

Cathy Weber said...

I just made my husband come and look at your great bookshelves. Do you have the directions that Nichole gave? I made my husband think that "just everyone's" husbands are making them. He is considering it. I will need to really make sure the instructions are clear. This is wonderful. The only reason I have a dedicated craft room is two sons have moved into their own homes. Otherwise, the dining room would have been my room too! Yours looks just perfect and that hutch is just great to hold all of your things. Love it. Great husband.

Mad for Paper said...

Sounds like you are both lucky to have each other.
TFS
Ang

Laurie said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! The steak must have worked right? He did an awesome job and I love how you are organized already! Aren't they so fun?

Stephanie said...

Renee........These turned out just gorgeous! I love them hanging on your wall right in reach of your cabinet and other goodies! DH does earn a bright star!

Sharron said...

Cheers to your hubby! He did a super job. Tell him all your stamping buddies are envious. It will be wonderful to have things so handy. Now we can expect even more fabulous creations!!

Amy said...

This organizes things so nicely and they look beautiful hanging on your wall! Your hubby is certainly a "keeper"!!!

Rebecca said...

Your handwriting on the labels is fabulous. If I had handwriting like that I'd NEVER need another sentiment stamp! Oh, and kuddos to you for striking a winning deal with your man. He did a great job.

Helen F. said...

FABULOUS! Your hubby did a wonderful job with your ribbon/button shelves. Huge congratulations to you both for working together so well :)
I had my DH take a look at Nicole's when she posted it and he said he could build a couple when he is feeling better...we converted one of the bedrooms in our house to a computer/craft room in which he built all of the furniture. I'll have to take some photos and show off his handy work too :o)

Sära said...

Great post! Your hubby is super sweet for hooking you up like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...