Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Aliens Landed...

last night in my house.

Or...

at least that's what it looked like when it grew dark...

and we made the kids hide in one of their rooms...

while the eggs were hidden.

Of course...

they weren't really "hiding" because seriously...

when love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married and I turned off all the lights...

our house was glowing!

It looked like little alien pods had landed everywhere.

I snapped some shots...

but be warned...

I don't know how to use Photoshop...

I also really don't understand my camera either.

I have Dummie books for both...

and plan on actually learning how to use them both this Summer...

but for now...

you're going to have to use your imagination a little...

They blurred.

But imagine this scene over every surface in your house...

that's what greeted my kiddies last night when we let them loose.

They didn't even need flashlights...

and they LOVED it!

Even my 13 year old girlie who proclaimed to be "too old" to hunt eggs...

can't wait for next year!

I'm seriously picking up a few rolls of the U Glo tape for next years hunt...

and learning how to use my camera in complete darkness.

And if you have never tried this kind of hunt...

I seriously and highly recommend for fun factor...

and for the memories.

I hope with all my heart that this is a tradition in our family for many more years to come...

and many generations.

Now...I wish you all a bright, sunshine day filled with family, memories and...

lots of chocolate!

But may we also all remember and reflect on the true meaning of this day and the sacrifice that was given to us.

Happy Easter.


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Lemon Tart, New Leaf
Stamp: Whippersnapper
Ink: Momento, Copics
Misc: Nestabilities Label 1 die, twine, PTI buttons, ribbon

7 comments :

BethieJ said...

Renee how FUN is that.. I cant show my kids.. they will want a redo on the egg hunt! ;) Your Easter card is DARLING!!

Ted said...

Renee, such a clever variation on the Egg Hunt! :) And that card is great... love the adorable little job-seeker. :)

Elena said...

so fun! I have 3 little ones - and always looking for new things to do with them to keep them loving the holidays! And the easter card you created is so cute - I'm craving jellybeans now! Happy easter to you&your family.

Helen F. said...

Easter Blessings to you and your family Renee! Your card is adorable and I LOVE your Alien Egg Hunt :o)

Suzanne said...

Renee, I think the glow in the dark eggs are totally AWESOME and I am happy you all had fun! And your card is so so SWEET! That honestly is one of the cutest stamps I have ever seen. I just love it!

tfiskers said...

Love your cards, and thank you for your sweet comments on my post. I appreciate you and all the Dolls. What a great group. I love your work. Kisses, t

Diane Jaquay said...

So happy to hear your family had a wonderful Easter :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...