Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feeling Scrappy


Time for another Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge...

and this time Katie challenges us to get scrappy!

You can read about the challenge here...

but this isn't about scrapbook pages...

instead this all about using scraps from your scrap box.

You know?

That box that you toss everything into and say you'll deal with when you're straightening up but then before you know it...

a year has gone by and you realize it's not so much a box of scraps anymore...

because as you look at it...

you realize it has grown and it's starting to take on a shape like something from a Stephen King novel...

Oh, wait!

That's me!

Ok...

maybe yours isn't as bad as mine...

maybe you're actually organized...

but for me this challenge could not have come along at a better time.

I was actually starting to go through my scraps and cut what could be cut with dies...

and toss anything too small to fit on a die.

One...

got some missing mojo but still wanted to be crafty...

two...

really handy to have some shapes pre-cut and you can just pull and use whenever you need...

especially those Doily Details and buttons in all colors...

and three...

keeps the scrap monster from haunting my dreams.
(cue Dokken's "Dream Warriors" from Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack)

And Cathy from EmptyNestCrafter recently sent me Love Lives Here to try out...

and I made this card this past week then realized it actually fit this challenge...

I actually was able to use all scraps in making this except for the card base.

And since I really like this ditty and think it's a great little card for crafty friends...

I've made a few using different colors...


Yes...

I hoard scraps too!

But if your mojo is MIA...

or you have a scrap monster taking over your scrap box...

this is a great challenge to give your mojo a kickstart and...

defeat the beast...

so hope you'll join us for this one!


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Love Lives Here, Button Boutique, Bitty Backgrounds
Dies: Love Lives Here, Button Boutique
Ink: Momento, SU
Misc: twine

12 comments :

  1. I have already told you this, but this is the perfect card using that hand in this set. I have never been able to figure out a card using it, and now have a whole new idea to work on. So nice that you were able to make it completely from scraps. I think we all have scrap piles that have gotten way out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT take on the challenge, Renee! I'm partial to pink & green but I love that you got a whole set out of your scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee........These are totally adorable!!! Love the bright colors and the square panels. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea and layout Renee! Keep using those scraps. No sense in hoarding them because there will always be more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dokken. I loved Dokken...still do. They had some great songs back in our day. "Alone Again" was probably my favorite back then. My middle sister probably had a crush on Don Dokken. Bon Jovi was more my speed though.

    I love your scrappy cards. They make me want that die. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty pinked squares, they go perfectly with the Love Lives Here stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use your scraps, Renee! Love the simple layout. Great idea to make a set of cards for emergencies or gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, Renee! I have that set but could never think of a way to use the hand image. And how great to find a use for scraps. I know I need to start using mine to keep my stash under control. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable!! what a cute set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, the "hand" was one image that I thought out of this set that I'd probably not use but after seeing your cards here, I'm going to rethink it! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very perfect!!! I have drawers (um, did i say drawers?? i mean one small teeny stash) of scraps. ha!

    your cards are just wonderful!! love what you did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, I'm super late commenting on these lovelies...as always. Just wanted to say I love 'em....great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...