Monday, April 25, 2011

For Teacher...

Time for another Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink...

and this week the talented Nichole Heady challenged us with line frames...

you can watch the video here.

I've seen her do this on many cards...

envied her ease...

but would never risk my card to actually try it...

so this was a challenge just in getting my courage to "risk" the card...

I still envy her ease.

And since the end of this school year is fast approaching...

thought it would be fun to try this for a Teacher Appreciation card...

I just got this set with my last order...

knew I would be needing it.

And I used that exact sentiment on photo books I made for the teachers at the end of school last year...

I don't think there's a better one to describe how a teacher can affect a child's life.

I had hoped to do photo calendars for the teachers this year using this set...

but without knowing if the mini 2012 calendars will come out before the end of school...

lots of work for something I may not be able to give...

so I'm playing around with adapting Lisa Johnson's button project from February to give instead.

And I had to go and confiscate a marker from my daughter...

she does a lot of ink drawings and I knew she had some Copics...

but I think I need to pick her up some new ones...

the nub on this one is wearing out and I couldn't get the line as "clean" as I would have liked.

But maybe with some more practice...

and new pens...

I can get this technique down.


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: New Leaf, Stamper's Select
Stamps: Teacher's Apple
Ink: Momento, SU and Copic

13 comments :

  1. Renee, I had to rush over here to admire your handiwork. :) I need you to come and be a parent of one of my students! I'd love to get a card like this. Centering those apples really makes them take center stage. Wonderful line as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, this is a perfect teacher card, Your right its a great sentiment . You did a nice job on the line and the part you left open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew you would do something great with Teacher's Apple. I love how the outline is lined up so perfectly around the sentiment. Those apples are really cute, great in both green and red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whow love this clean and bright look

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a perfect job with the challenge, you shouldn't have been worried ;) Your card is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE this one! You did a fantastic job with the apples--and the outline! That really is a wonderful sentiment and this is a great card any teacher would be thrilled to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love the perfect balance you have with the colors. I find that tough to do.

    I love your idea of an end of the year gift for the teacher. I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky teacher to recieve this card. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right on the mark this time of year. Great idea and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This teacher set has been on my list for a long time and I never have bought it. Maybe I'll do that now. Your card is great!! and I love how you made the colors of the apples different!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous!!! Love the sentiment in red and black and the apples are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful teacher card!! So cute! I think you did great with your lines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok!!! LOVE!!! This is so fun! I love the green apples! What a fun idea! Saving this one for later! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...