Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Make It Monday #10

Time for another Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink...

and this weeks challenge is Masking with Dies...

you can see the fabby video that the very talented Lisa Johnson put together for us here.

So in trying to figure out what to do...

was reading about the upcoming wedding of William and Kate online...


yes.

I'm obsessed with it.

And yes...

since I did not receive an official invitation...

I shall be rising early to watch on it happening on tv.

I don't know why I'm obsessed with it...

maybe it's because I remember the marriage of his mother and father.



I was 10...

in the 6th grade...

and my best friend was Sonia.

She had moved here the year before...

carried a Snoppy lunchbox...

and was the biggest tomboy I have ever in my entire life met.

She told me everything she knew about the "facts of life"...

which in later years we discovered...

she had a lot wrong.

Maybe it's because she was the baby of 5...

and the only girl...

and all of her information came from eavesdropping on her much older brothers.

We all witnessed a fairytale coming true that April day...

the beginning of a princess...

and the following Saturday...

Sonia had her hair cut just like Diana's.

Of course...

we all know how that story ended.

But now her son...

has chosen another future princess...

and I truly hope this fairytale has a much happier ending.

So...

I started thinking about wedding cards...

and what would be appropriate to send to the future King and Queen of England.

Not that this card is going there...

but I used the "idea" of it for inspiration...


Everything is heat embossed in silver except for the pink mask.

I know it's not good enough for a Royal...

but it was fun imagining it.


The Details
Cardstock: Stamper's Select
Stamps: YOF Roses
Dies: FF #10, Edgers #1
Ink: VersaMark, Momento
Misc: silver embossing powder, ribbon, stick pin

13 comments :

  1. I AM OBSESSED WITH WILL AND KATE TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    SO badly that the other night I was searching for fake sapphire diamond rings online...and ended up on QVC.com where they were SOLD OUT!!!

    And of course, they would love your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and perfect for the occasion! I love the masking and the ribbon with the stick pin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is really pretty, and you used one of your pins! I love it. I really love the edger on the card. It really adds some interest. Great job Renee. I also can't wait for the Royal Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. You should totally send it to them just to say you did. I love the masking of the mat stack die and that rose bud in silver - thunk! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant and sophisticated card, Renee. Love the stick pin in the corner. Great idea to mask the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masking the Mat Stack . . . great idea! It highlights your rose bud perfectly! I'm with Lee Anne, you should send it to them! :-D

    Can I just admit here that I had a Lady/Princess Diana scrapbook? :-D
    And the haircut.
    And thought I was seeing a real life fairytale come true?
    Sigh.
    Can't wait to see Will & Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely stylish card. Are you going to send it to the?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH girlfriend! (Loved reading about your friend and Princess Di!) Your card is so pretty! I love the pink and black on the white base! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Renee--this is gorgeous and so elegant--quite perfect for the occasion! Love the black & silver with the pink rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing wedding card. If it is at all possible to figure out how to send them the card you should. What a fun story to say you actually did (one day). What's the worst... they send it back? lol

    I love it!! Send it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When Princess Di got married my mom got me a handmade replica of her wedding dress for my Barbie from a local craft fair. I was obsessed too!

    This card is gorgeous. I love that soft pink mask!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! I love the heart pin and the elegant colors you worked with! The popped up panel is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...