Monday, April 4, 2011

Make It Monday #9

It's Monday and time for another Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink.

This weeks challenge is heat embossing...

you can check it out here.

And some have wondered how I get these challenges up so quickly...

it's because Monday is the only day that I'm actually at home.

This being Dinky's last year of pre-k and he doesn't have school on Monday's...

my Mom helps me out by picking up Hunter at school so that I have these last days with him before he starts kindergarten in the Fall.

So it's really my only chance to do it...

in between loads of laundry...

cleaning...

feeding him...

reading and playing with him...

and sometimes...

he just joins me because he wants to make Mommy a "pretty card".

And with storms moving in as I type this up...

did want to get this up before they get really bad.

No one thinks of TN being one of those states with tornadoes since we're not out in the Plains...

but recent years have seen many come through...

much more so than when I was growing up.

Our first year back home we got initiated with a 4am wake-up warning of one coming straight for us...

it shifted and hit neighboring Clarksville.

There was another a few weeks later that hit down in Jackson.

5 years ago today my sister lost her home in one...

and the following year saw another close county get hit with 2 at the same time.

So yes...

Spring storms keep me cautious around here.

OK...

card...


School will soon be out for Summer...

and I promise I'm going to learn how to use Photoshop!

But until then...

you just have to suffer through my photos...

sorry!


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy
Stamps: YOF Morning Glories, Communique Curves
Ribbon: PTI
Die: Nestabilities
Ink: Momento, Copic and SU
Misc: pearls

23 comments :

  1. I like it! YOF is the perfect set for heat embossing. The circle of white against the kraft make it look like such a close-up, just like you were zooming up on it for a better look. Your coloring of reds is so good. Hope the storm is not too bad. Can't imagine having that to worry about, in CA it's earthquakes, but we'd become almost immune to them, at least until Japan had their horrendous quake. Great card today Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Beautiful coloring and what a stunning effect the spotlighting technique produces with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just breath-taking, Renee. I love the coloring and how you fit it into the circle with part of the flower colored and the other part on the kraft paper. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Renee! You did a great job using the spotlight technique on the flower. Great job coloring! Maybe I'm just hungry, but when I saw the red, I thought it looked delicious. Maybe I was thinking strawberries, I don't know. I really like the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, so pretty Renee! Tornadoes scare me... probably because I have always lived in CA and we dont get them. Earthquakes are frightening too... I was in the big Loma Prieta quake in 89. I remember it like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card. The colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW Renee, this is a real beauty!! I love the spotlighting you've done here, the morning glory is colored beautifully! Really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Seeing this card I don't know if I will even bother to link mine...this is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love how this turned out. Love how you highlighted just part of the flower, I am so going to have to try that now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Renee! I now know that what you've done is the "spotlight technique." It looks wonderful! Such a pop on the kraft background. Superb coloring, and I love the rest of the image heat embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the challenge! Your spotlighted flower is just gorgeous--so beautifully colored (and I love the red)! I have never tried this technique but think it is such a cool effect and you did it so well. UnfortunateIy I understand too well about the spring storms, having spent my life here in Tornado Alley! Hope this year is not too bad. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you've done this card Renee. The colours are suberb and you really have the spotlight technique nailed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card, and now I think I'm your newest follower... I love your profile as well, it made me chuckle but totally remember the times I was in the same boat. Please stop by my blog and become a follower of me.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is wonderful. I really enjoyed your blog too. Will definitely come back to visit.
    TFS.
    AOK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee this is gorgeous!! Love your coloring and how you used the spotlight technique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and coloring! I love the YOF sets. I don't have this particular one, but now I'll have to reconsider. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Renee. Love the heat embossing and the Morning Glory is oh-so-pretty here. Your spotlight is very clever :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! I love the embossing and the spotlight stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a stunning and elegant card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, very beautiful card. I love what you did with the circle,and how you just colered that. Amazing. About your sister loosing her home, I can't imagine . Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love the spotlight technique! You had fabulous results with it here! Those colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...