Monday, April 25, 2011

A Manly Card...For A Manly Man

Boys To Men
This month's blog hop is dedicated to all the boys and men in our lives!  
Now's your chance to create Father's Day projects, boy birthday cards and more to build up your stash!  
Focus on masculine color schemes, fresh pattern combinations, understated embellishments and unique uses of images you may already have in your stash!


OK...

he's not really a man...

he's a Dinky.




But he is my little man.

And in just a couple of weeks...

he will be one year closer to manhood...

he's turning 5.

He was my Mother's Day gift that year...

literally.

We brought him home for the very first time on Mother's Day.

Love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married thinks that he gave me the ultimate gift that year...

and while I do have to agree...

it also doesn't excuse him from future gifts...

as I remind him each year as he attempts to wrap Dinky up with a bow and attached tag reading...

"The gift that keeps on giving".

So in honor of the fact that PTI is challenging us to "manly" cards this month...

and all of the wonderful new "manly" sets released this month...

I started on Dinky's birthday cards.

I just did the one for now...

but one down...

3 more to go...

and hey!

I'm actually ahead of the game right now folks.

And when I got my goodies last week and was showing them...

Dinky told me he wanted the rocket...

so he could "travel to the moon"...

so Mommy made him a rocket. 

Don't laugh at my planet!

It seemed like a good idea...


I do like the glossy accents on the window...

And I like the smudging underneath the stars...

gives a slight illusion of glowing...

or I hope so anyway.

And some more glossy accents on the stars...

they seem to twinkle just a bit.

I messed up while smudging...

accidentally grabbed the wrong end...

don't go back and look!

But Dinky won't care...

he has a rocket.

And with his dreams of blasting off into space...

armed with imagination to spare...

and the smile of innocence...

he may be a year closer to manhood...

but he's still my baby.



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Enchanted Evening,
Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold
Stamps: Boys Basics: Out of this World, Simple Circles
Dies: Rocket, Nestibilities circle
Ink: Momento, PTI, SU, and Copics
Misc: brad, EK Success moon and stars punch

36 comments :

  1. I love this! I will be needing a rocket card next month and I love what you did with this. I noticed the glowing effect right away, and your coloring was perfect. The glossy shine on the window adds such a nice touch. So many details on this one (the planet is colored so well). Great job, Renee, "Out of this World".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Renee!! I love the "glow" around the stars! Dinky is so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card...super coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Renee! Great job coloring the rocket and I love the stars! Out of this world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, this is an adorable card! I am sure your little man will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and so perfect for your little man!! Your rocket is beautifully colored and the background scene is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card!
    My oldest son was my Mother's Day present almost 12 years ago. He was born at 10:35 in the morning on Mother's Day in 1999. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think the whole card rocks - planet and all. This is really really cute. The picture of your son is equally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great little man's card! Love your design and your fab coloring !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Renee! Your planet looks great too. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really loved reading your post. Love your card too...it's 'out of this world'. Really, you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab card! Your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I love the idea of using Glossy Accents on the window!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet Mother's Day present :) Dink will LOVE this card for his 5th birthday. Those windows are too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great card, renee! your son is adorable, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your planet is great! ;-D This is such a great card. I hope your little man has a great birthday next week. And I enjoyed your narrative. ;-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI FRIEND! The planet was an AWESOME idea!!! This is an amazing card, Renee! Dinky will love it!!! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an absolutely perfect card! Love the coloring (including the planet!) and the use of stars! I loved your story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the rocket and flame and stars! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute. I think your planet looks great. My girl will always be my baby no matter how old she gets too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Renee......Dink is going to just love this!!! All your details are amazing. And, your planet??? OMG is it ever cool! Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect, perfect, perfect, Renee! Love all the thought and detail you put into it. Your little guy will love it! And -- my son was born on Mother's Day 25 years ago. It's kinda like he has two birthdays... May 11 and whenever Mother's Day is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful job on this!! The highlights on the window is perfect and the smudges behind the stars make them look like they are glowing! very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great post...and a great card for him....and what a perfect Mothers Day gift you had 5 years ago...the ultimate gift!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE the planet, and the glow behind the stars. This card is just awesome, your little guy will just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great card - everything from the glowing stars to the coloring on the ship! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. CUTE CUTE CUTE (both Dinky and the card ;) Tell that hubby of yours that Dinky as a "gift" has reached it's expiration date, and you expect a Mother's Day gift from here on in lol!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really CUTE, Renee! And what a great birthday card for Dinky--he'll love it. All the details you have added make it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun card, Renee. Your son will surely love all the rocket. The stars and planet really create a great night scene.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it - especially the planet (and rocket ofcourse)! Super colouring job, just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a great card for your son! I love the glowing stars, and no way would I make fun of your planet. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE this card!!! Your little touches make such a big impact. Love the planet!! This is such a great card I'm sure he just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect card for your little man! And I love that planet!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This might be your best card ever and I am totally going to copy it!! Wow! Great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...