Saturday, May 7, 2011

8 Things...



Amy at BearpawStudios awarded me with this blog award...

She made me cry.

And by accepting this award I have to tell 8 things about myself...

and then pass it on to 8 more people.

Now...I'm assuming you need to know something about me that you do not already know and if you've ever read my blog you already know that I'm a caffeine addicted chocoholic with exercise allergies and the eating habits of a 3 year old...

pretty much sums me up...

but I have managed to compile a list of 8 things that most people do not know about me.

Grab a cup of coffee...

get comfy...

this may take a bit.


1.  When I was a teenager and read Thomas Harris Silence of the Lambs I decided to be an FBI agent...
I wanted to be Clarice Starling.
This delusion lasted for about 15 minutes until I was reminded that I have absolutely no courage and if ever captured, I would confess everything I ever known...
about everyone I have ever known.
Fear would make me talk...
even more than normal...
and they would probably kill me just to shut me up.
I changed my mind.
I now solve all mysteries on ID from the safety and comfort of my comfy chair.

2. I have never...
nor will I ever...
wear a thong.
I have spent my entire life trying to keep certain articles of clothing out of certain areas of my body and I refuse to wear something that mocks said clothing in said area of body.
I'm pretty sure thongs were created by terrorists as a form of torture and confession.
I do not support terrorist activities.

3. Secretly...
I'm a rock star.
Yup...it's true.
In the privacy of my home...
my kitchen becomes a stage...
and I totally rock Linkin Park's "In the End"...
even better than Chester.
Pat Benatar?
She's got nothing on me.
I also give performances in the privacy of my vehicle...
where Bon Jovi and Def Leppard has never sounded so good.
Though the people sitting on their front porches as I drive by may not agree.


4.  If I were to make a perfume based on my 3 favorite scents...
you would stink.
Coffee...I just love the smell of coffee.  It awakens me every morning and when I walk into a coffee house...
or even just down the coffee aisle at the grocery...I get a natural high just smelling the aroma.
Leather...ditto.  I walk into a leather shop and it just awakens my senses.  I have been caught on several occasions just inhaling the merchandise...
I've also been asked on several occasions not to.
Fresh baked cookies...enough said. 
Independently these scents are incredible...
but when put together...
I think we would offend.

5. I miss the 80's.
In the 80's...I could walk out of the house and forget to brush my hair and no one ever knew.
If I walk out of the house now without straightening and making my naturally big hair lay down and be good...
people notice.
It usually occurs in the drop off line at school where fingers are pointing and sympathetic smiles abound and there could even been an offer of an AA pamphlet or 2.
Don't ask how I know.

6. My 13 year old daughter is smarter than I am.
No lie.  Her test scores prove it.
She's going to Vanderbilt this Summer...
if I even drive by...
they laugh at me.
I have not divulged this information to her...and so far my ploy when she asks a question with her homework is to look as though I know what the question actually means and then ask a question right back like...
"What do you think the answer is?"
or
"Does this look right to you?"...
seems to be working...
but I'm on thin ice and borrowed time with this one.
She's going to find me out eventually and then I will have lost the upper hand in our relationship.
And I'm not sure...
but I do not believe that the
"You think you're hot snot on a silver platter but you're really just a cold boogie on a paper plate" defense is going to get me through this one.
Though it's possibly looking like my only option.

7. I'm a geek.
I actually didn't know this until my 30's...but it's true. While sitting on the couch suffering through the humid heat of a Southern July while severely pregnant and working on putting a permanent indention in said couch in 60 degree air conditioning and an industrial size fan blowing on high wearing only what modesty would allow...love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married...
while wearing long johns and a winter coat...
decided to watch Lord of the Rings.  
Since I refused to leave the comfort of my 100 mile an hour winds...I was forced to watch.
I did not want to watch Lord of the Rings...
Lord of the Rings was for geeks.
But then I looked...and there was a hot guy.
And another one...
and OMG...
they were everywhere!
I watched the movie...
I watched it again...
and by the time Two Towers was released...
I had read all the books twice...
was bribing my bossy sister to watch all 3 kids so love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married and I could go watch the movie without any interruptions...
and one of the characters was placed on my future husband list...
complete with costume.

8.  I love my life.
It's not perfect.
Far from it.
And it may not be the life I once I imagined...
maybe some dreams never realized...but it's my life.
I made choices...some compromises...
but I also know that if I went back in time...
if I changed the things that maybe aren't as I once imagined...maybe didn't compromise...
I would also be changing all the things that I truly love about my life.
The things that give me the greatest joy...
my greatest accomplishments.
No...maybe I didn't get what I thought my heart wanted...
but then maybe...
what we don't know we want is what our heart desires the most.


Now...
I have to pass this award on to 8 others...
and I tried to do a combo of some blogging friends from Papertrey Paper Dolls...
and some blogs I just enjoy.
Wish I could have awarded 5 times this amount...
there's so many wonderful, crafty friends out there

Sharron...On Papillon Wings
Michelle...Michelle's Crafting Corner
Lee Anne...My Happy Place
Diane...Peaceful Lane
Jill...Anjillic Creations
Christy...Gifting It
Laurie...Soapbox Creations
Amy...Stamp-N-Paradise

Make sure you go and check out these incredibly crafty and creative ladies!

9 comments :

Cathy Weber said...

You always make me either laugh or practically cry. Today I laughed. And laughed. Coffee, leather and cookies. What a combination that would be.

Lee Anne said...

Wow! Thanks, Renee! I loved reading all about you and have no idea how to follow this one up!

Laurie said...

Ok first of all I love love love coming to your blog and reading your posts! You have such a gift of telling stories! You make me smile every time! AND thank you so much for the blog award!! So sweet of you!

Sara Mac said...

Oh Renee this ---> "one of the characters was placed on my future husband list...
complete with costume" made me burst out with laughter, very loudly:) You are such a joy!

Rebecca said...

What a great post! You made me laugh and brightened my day. I'm glad to see other rock out with Pat :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I think you missed your life calling my dear, you should be the next Erma Bombeck! Your writing leaves me in stitches, and of course since we're twins separated at birth I can SO relate to so many things you write about ;) Thank you so much for bestowing this blog award on me, it tickles me that you enjoy my blog :)

Sharron said...

Oh, Renee, you are such a treasure! I am so glad that PTI and this amazing internet world has bought us together. And thank you so much for the blog award. I love the wonderful blog comments you leave on my blog. Visiting your blog is always a special time, with your writing bringing smiles (and maybe a few tears) to my days. Bless you, my dear!

Amy said...

Wow Renee! First of all, thanks so much for the blogger award! I should be giving YOU an award! Your blog posts always bring a smile to my face and are so inspirational!

LittleSurferGirl said...

I love that your #8 is that your happy. It makes me happy to know people that are happy. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...