Friday, May 6, 2011

CFC #1





I did it!

I did a CAS!

And it took everything inside me to just...

stop.

I wanted more stamps...

layers...

ribbons, buttons, bows...

but...

I am strong.

I resisted.

And it looks a little nakey...

But I just love how Laurie over at SoapboxCreations does the most amazing CAS cards...

I bow in awe of her daily...

and when I heard she was going to be on the new CAS-ual Friday challenge site's design team...

I knew I was coming to visit every week and I'm going to learn how to do CAS!

Now this weeks challenge is Texting Skills...

you can read about it here.

I have none...

sorry.

I don't have any text stamps so...

I cheated.

I borrowed an idea from blog friend Suzanne over at TheCardYard...

and a few months ago picked up a nice, big, old dictionary in an antique store to use for cards...

so I cut a flower out of a page...

I hope it still counts...

And a CAS card...

I'm so excited that I did one!

And one last thing...

the other day I talked about how I found these tin pails at Target in their $1 spot...

loaded up...

guess what I did yesterday!

Was at my local WalMart picking up a few things and happened down the Easter aisle where they had just marked everything 75% off.

I love clearance...

I really do...

and thankfully I still have enough chocolate in my house to kill a horse that I did not buy any.

OK...

I lied.

They were chocolate covered sunflower nuts...

but they shouldn't count because they're really tiny.

But look what else I found...

I don't like gummies...

but look at those tins!

When you take the gummies out...

a perfect gift tin!

And for only $.50...


I stocked up.




The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Kraft
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #3
Dies: Beautiful Blooms #3
Ink: Momento
Ribbon: PTI
Misc: dictionary page

21 comments :

  1. Hooray for you for trying CAS! You did a wonderful job, love the flower and the pretty sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! And its FAbulous!! LOVE that texty flower!! So happy you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable entry! You did a marvelous job!
    Very excited to have you in The Break Room with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FABULOUS take on CAS challenge! I love the text flower and clean lines for this card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Hope to see your fab work again! PS: I would buy all those tins ,too! what a great fund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, I meant.. a great "find".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute CAS card! I love the red, black and kraft. You got an amazing deal on those tins. How smart to think of that. Now I need to go check out Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty CAS card!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you did a fabulous job on the CAS style!! I love all that nakedness:) Just my kind of card. Great score on the tins too. I expect a gift to arrive in one of those ~~ Just kidding. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I ADORE this!! Every little detail is just perfect for this challenge. Clean and simple, and that beautiful flower is to DIE for!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! I look forward to seeing MORE of your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the CAS. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Renee, I am BACK and have been thinking about you and the Royal Wedding and OH MY! It was so amazing!!! And here on this post: "nakey" ...Love it! You are too too funny! Thanks for mentioning me, Sweetie!!! Too nice, cuz I surely didn't come up with that idea on my own!

    I love your card. It's perfect and I love that sentiment stamp. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the CAS, Renee. Your flower is so good! This could totally be your style. Those tins are so adorable, what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job! I love that texty flower, and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoo-hoo! Great CAS card :) Love it when you can use old books for something pretty and that flower is definitely pretty. The red and white look great on the kraft background. Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY! What a fab CAS card. Definitely clean and oh so sophisticated. I can only do CAS in my dreams. What a score on the pails. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOur posts are always so much fun to read!! Looks like you scored a bargain on your tins! Your card is so cute! You did the CAS style so well!! Way to be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great CAS card. I love that you stocked up on tins.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is truly a perfect CAS card! Your dictionary layered flowers are adorable. SO glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays and hope to see lots more. Maybe CAS is your calling! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the text flower is a great way to get text on a card without a lot of fuss of lining things up. Love the CAS design....You did a great job!!! Let's see some more!

    BTW, I think those tins were a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What was the challenge? CAS and text? If so, you did it wonderfully! I have yet to use book print on my cards (maybe because all my book sit unread.) The flower is perfect and the colors are classic. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...