Sunday, May 22, 2011

CFC #3 and CAS at The Kraft Journal *edited


Edited to add the Clean and Simple Challenge that Beth so sweetly recommended me to over at The Kraft Journal
 



Hi...

remember me?

I used to blog?

Before I got so busy getting all of the kids out school for Summer that I don't think I have even taken a breath in the last week...

much less gotten any ink on my fingers?

Dinky's done with pre-k.

I cried.

I've even given thought to having another little one...

then I realized I was possibly overreacting and may be in need of medication if thoughts like that continue.

Robert and Haley are out this week...

Hunter next...

then we're on Summer vacation!

You know...

that time of the year when kids are out of school...

and Mom's are out of their minds!

But going crazy has honestly never been so much fun and I love it!

OK...

so I didn't get a card done for last week's CASual Friday challenge...

and I wanted to!

So...

made sure I got one done for this week's challenge which is...

BLING!

Got my new PTI goodies Friday...

sometimes my mailman is my favorite man...

and even though I was going to wait till Summer to break out these new little Fruit Fusions...

I have plans for them...

decided to go ahead and give this one a go for this challenge...


Do you see the bling?

Look again...




OK...

close up...

I know...

blink and you miss it!

Very subtle.

But thought that to-die-for watermelon needed some seeds...

so I gave it some little seed pearl bling.

Hope it still qualifies!


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Stamper's Select
Stamp: Fruit Fusion: Watermelon
Ink: Momento
Misc: bling, twine from The Twinery

22 comments :

Deanna Jean said...

Cute, cute, cute! Now I wish I would have investing in some PTI fruit...haha.

Michele Gross said...

Qualifies? Are you kidding me? This is ridiculously cute! I love your little pearl pits-that is soooo clever :) I'm so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

What a SWEET card! Love the gems as the watermelon seeds!! So clever and creative! Glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Joan B said...

this is really nice -- the melon with kraft is a great idea. love that melon with the pearls. i really want these fruits and dies!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so sweet and a perfect CAS card with just a touch of bling! I love the pearls. Such a great idea to use with the melon. Great job on this one Renee.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is such a cute and fun Clean and Simple card with Kraft Cardstock...it will also go perfectly with our CAS challenge at The Kraft Journal this week... I hope you decide to enter this project in our challenge as well! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-it-monday-with-kraft-outlet-clean.html

Jenny said...

Absolutely cute with a capital C, love that watermelon with bling pips:)
Jenny x

shelly said...

oh this is really cute the bling seeds are a nice touch :)

Hannah said...

LOVE that card, such a great idea for the use of the bling, very subtle but brilliant :) Gorgeous :)

LittleSurferGirl said...

VERY cute, Renne! I'm FINALLY getting my PTI box delivered today. Can't wait to play! You did great with this CAS card! I just added this challenge site to my reader and I look forward to starting to play along. The bling is perfect, by the way!

BethieJ said...

Renee I LOVE it!!! So DARN CUTE!!! I inked up some of my fruits last night.. I need to use them now! ;)
ENJOY summer... we still have a month to go.. I wish it would hurry! (see if I have changed my mind in a month~ LOL!)
Have a GREAT day!!!!

Karen B. said...

Love this, it is so sweet and simple! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Super cute work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Fun! Great idea with the bling as seeds. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, this is so sweet! Love that little watermelon, and the seed beads are a super fun touch. :)
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Aaaackkkk!! How cute is that?! Love the blingy watermelon seeds and that plaid watermelon - yummy!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work!

Sharron said...

OMG, so cute--and I love the seeds! I didn't order any of the fruit stamps but it was so hard to pass up plaid watermelon! Your card is adorable!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Oh... I am so glad you entered this adorable card at our CAS challenge at The Kraft Journal! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh, how clever to use bling as the seeds - so cute! Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is the last post I am leaving on this card..promise! LOL. (I don't think I've ever left three comments on one project before!)But, I just love the design of this adorable CAS project and have decided to feature it on our next Feature Me Friday post at The Kraft Journal! Please make sure you stop by the blog to collect your Featured Artist button on Friday June 3, 2011 and thanks again for joining us for our challenge too!

Amy said...

Wow CAS beauty!! No wonder they want to feature this card! Way to go Renee!! :)

Jen Carter said...

This is just adorable! I LOVE that watermelon...and the bling, lol!! Super, super cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...