Sunday, May 29, 2011

CFC #4

2nd post...scroll down for explanation why this wasn't 1st post

OK...this time it's for real...

I actually did manage to get a card done for CFC #4...

It took me a little bit...

got lost along the way...

and while on my journey I had an idea.

I'm not going to tell you all my ideas are good ones...

we shall not discuss those misadventures because I don't actually claim any of them and will actually lay blame on the first available person for such misadventures...

so that being said...

I'll give this one to love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married...

he's not here to contradict me...

I'm still getting used to clean and simple...

and even though this fits the description...

I need to practice more.

But I did need a graduation card...

so good practice.

We have a niece who graduated from Michigan State and I wanted to incorporate the school colors in the card...

hence the wealth of green and white.

It's hard to believe she's graduating college...

she was just a little 3 year old flower girl in our wedding yesterday...

and was quite adorable as a flower girl I might add.

She performed her duties perfectly by walking down the aisle with her basket of petals...

not dropping a single one along the way but instead waiting till she was in front of the altar...

and turning her basket upside down...

thus relieving it of all petals...

announced to the entire auditorium...

"I did it!"

And now she's graduated college.

I really don't know how she's grown so much...

I haven't aged at all in the last in the last 19 years.

Go figure!

(*giggle*)

I made the little tassel.

I'm not trying for compliments...

I just want you to know why it looks the way it does...

need to practice that too.

OK...

I'm done now.

But make sure to come back later this week...

will have my 2nd AmberInk project for you...

and a little announcement.

OK...the announcement may not thrill you...

but it did me so it counts.



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, New Leaf
Stamps: Simple Sentiments
Die: Nestabilities
Grad Cap: SVG Cuts
Tassel: DMC floss
Misc: brad

13 comments :

  1. Renee, your post(s) are delightful! Sometimes you just have to follow your mojo ;) Wonderful Grad card and you really nailed Clean & Simple with this! Hope your little guy is feeling better and I'm glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts Renee! Interesting and funny. I also ADORE this card and wish I had thought of it! Happy you joined us for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! Great use of Sparty's colors on the card. It's CAS, but oh so awesome at the same time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card! Green and gold were my high school's colors - the only place in the world you could wear green pants with a yellow shirt and no one would look at you funny.

    Your card is perfect CAS! Can't wait to hear the announcement? Are you pregnant? Moving to Texas? Both?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep can't wait for the announcement either. :). Love your tassel! It's fantastic and so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, love the homemade mortar board and tassel. Super CAS card:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go! You got the graduation card done. I knew you would get there...you took the long senic route but hey it works. Very nice card. I how you worked in her school colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting so good at CAS! This one is so good. I love the green cap inside the circle. That is a great tassle, did you make it from scratch? You did a great job on this one Renee. I laughed about "the scenic route". I am pretty sure I have taken that route myself more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I was confused for a minute. Now I get it! LOL I love your stories - they made me laugh. And your creations, whether related to the challenge or not, are amazing!! Of course your graduation card is outstanding - ADORE the simplicity of it! It's CAS perfection! And your wedding card is pretty stinkin' amazing, as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, I have loved these last two posts. Great job with the wedding card in spite of the rash/measles situation. Imagining the worse seems like a perfectly normal reaction to me--lol!! Hope he is feeling better and that the no one else in the family catches it. Your graduation card is fabulous--wonderfully CAS too-you are doing so well with these! I really like the 3-D effect with the cap on the circle and the great tassel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a wonderful writer, Renee. I poked my head in to say, "Hey, love that card!"...and then I started reading. I wasn't prepared to feel like crying (I was really moved by how much your niece has grown....what is with these kids growing up????!!!). Then I moved on to other stories...clicked on this and that...and can't even remember how I got here. I ended with your tribute to your dad. Soooo sweet, and got me so close to bawling. Thank you for sharing your heart and your life...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how CAS this card is!! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...