Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Day With Dinky


My little guy turns 5 tomorrow.

I can't believe it's been 5 years of this little one...

5 years of laughter...

5 years of hugs...

5 years of kisses.

He's a lover...

not a fighter.

OK...that's not really true...

he may love the girls...

but he also has what love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married calls "little man syndrome"...

he'll fight anyone over anything...

it's usually Robert...

"no one puts "Dinky" in the corner"!



There's 5 years of loving his eyes....

his nose...

five years of holding his hands...


of kissing his toes...

Five years of stories...

a small sampling of conversations just since I've started blogging a few short months ago....


http://itsapatchworklife.blogspot.com/2011/02/poor-ugly-and.html

http://itsapatchworklife.blogspot.com/2011/01/we-call-him-dinky.html

http://itsapatchworklife.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-story.html

http://itsapatchworklife.blogspot.com/2011/03/dinky-loves-older-woman.html 



And now...

last week Dink went with my Mom to a luncheon with some ladies from her church...

they're all seniors...

and he was fascinated by one of them.

She has solid white hair...

and it was perfectly coiffed...

not a hair out of place...

so he looked at her and asked...

"Are you wearing a wig?".

My mom was mortified...

but his mom sometimes forgets to brush her hair.


He is who he is.

We spent this afternoon outside...

ok...

we spent 30 minutes outside until it felt like it was 100 degrees and then we came in to cool air conditioning...

but we drew chalk images all over the front porch...

blew bubbles...


And since we have a busy day tomorrow...

cupcakes for his classmates in the morning...

and since it's his day he gets to pick dinner...

we shall be having the dining pleasure of all 5 year olds...

McDonald's.

For dessert...

Dairy Queen's ice cream cake because well...

it's what he wanted and...

it's just good.

Got the little crunchies in the middle!

But I thought I would share his cards with you...

because well...

tomorrow's all about him.


You've seen the next one from last month's Blog Hop...



And the last one is very special...

at least to me.

Hopefully someday it will be to him as well...

but give me just a moment of bragging on it...

Haley free handed Snoopy for the card from her and Hunter...

totally on her own.

I know she's mine...

but she's 13...

and I think she did a great job.

And don't the Charlie Brown Stripes look fantastic with it?

I did those all by myself :)

Every time I see these stripes...

I automatically think Charlie Brown...

and I thought they were perfect for her Snoopy sketch.

One last picture of Dinky...

it's actually my favorite from today...

I know...

half his face is missing...

but it was accidentally on purpose...

don't ask me to explain...

and I just love it!



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock #1: Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, New Leaf
Stamper's Select
Stamps: Ad Sense, BB Simple Circles, Big Birthday Wishes
Dies: Ad Sense, BB Simple Circles, Numbers

Card #2
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold
Stamps:  BB Out of This World, Simple Circles
Dies: BB Out of This World, Nestibilities
Misc: brad, glossy accents

Card #3
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, True Black
Stamps: Background Basics: Chevron Stripes, Inside & Out: Birthday
All ink: Momento, PTI, Versamark, SU and Copics

NOTE** Only a couple more weeks of school and I promise to start learning how to use Photoshop!







6 comments :

  1. Oh, Renee! You are just the sweetest mom ever! I loved reading this, and Dinky is sure to have an awesome birthday. He will love reading all of these posts someday! I hope he saves all of your beautiful cards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your little bio on your son and who's sayin' adults don't like Mcd's?? :) I really really like how you used Ad Sense and I love that main die shape! Great use of the circle border die too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest post ever! Happy Birthday to Dinky! He is quite the character. I love your cards, especially the one with Ad Sense. It really went well with the birthday sentiment you used. Haley's card is really good! Your daughter is so talented and SMART too. I hope Dinky has a wonderful birthday, and at 5 years old I know he will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee your posts they always ALWAYS make me SMILE!! (THANKS!!) and I wish your sweet DINKY the HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!!! (tell him his stories make me SMILE TOO!) and Haleys card is FABULOUS!! What a talented girl she is!!
    ENJOY your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinky is one lucky little boy to have you for his mama :) Happy Birthday Dinky Doo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Dinky! (I know it's SUPER late now, but I'm sure it will make him smile knowing that some weird lady he's never met before just wished him happy b-day!...At least it would for my kids!) The cards are simply adorable. And the Snoopy? Perfect. A very proud Mama you must be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...