Sunday, May 29, 2011

Have You Ever...

started something and then...

you get distracted and never actually do what you started to do?

I do this.

A lot.

I sat down last night to make a card for new the CASual Fridays challenge...

 It's a graduation challenge...

and I need a graduation card...

so why did I do this?

 
I think I may actually have adult ADD...

no.

I'm not a doctor...

though I do play one in reality.

It's called being a mom.

Though I'm not very good at it.

See this kid...


I love him.

And because I love him...

Friday morning upon awakening and seeing him covered head to toe in what I thought was a severe allergic reaction...

I was prepared to subject him to 100's of little needles.

Granted...

life-of-my-life-man-that-I-married would have actually been overseeing the actual needle thing because I just don't do that...

but I would have been calling the shots.

It's my right to make him handle all unpleasant things with the kiddies and let me be the good parent who kisses them and makes it all better...

I gave birth.

And yes...

I use that excuse for everything and it will never expire.

Luckily though...

after scaring my little guy...

"Is your throat closing?"

"Are you having trouble breathing?"

"Oh...this is bad"

we went to pick up his report card and was informed that he actually had "slap cheek measles".

His teacher...

and many others...

had recently seen this because apparently there has been a slight epidemic at school in the 2nd and 3rd grades...

they share a hall...

a restroom...

and water fountains.


So my little guy has slap cheek measles...

and rosy red apple cheeks!

And in case your wondering...

though irritating because you itch...

and you can run a mild fever...

unless you have immunity issues...

it's not serious.

Though highly contagious...

and since you're contagious before the rash ever appears...

I expect the others to start off Summer break with a nice red rash soon.


So I'm not a very good "doctor"...

I scared him with my "OMG! This is bad" comment...

not the best bedside manner I guess...

and even though I've decided I probably do have Adult ADD...

I will not be seeking treatment.

Though love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married may disagree...

I think it makes life fun.

You just never what you're going to get.

Or if I'm ever actually going to finish a project.

And then again...

it could also just be that like my eating habits and my need for separate dishes and divided plates...

I may also just have the attention span of a 3 year old.

So I'm putting this up for the new Papertrey Paper Dolls challange...


the lovely and wonderfully talented Sara challenged us for a wedding or anniversary card...

you can check the challenge here.

And remember all challenges are open to everyone...

so come discover your inner ADD and play along!


The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Smokey Shadow
Stamps: Big & Bold Wishes, Fancy Flourishes
Pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket Everafter
Ink: Momento
Misc: bling and ribbon

11 comments :

  1. You make me laugh, Renee. Start something and not finish it? Start something and then wind up with something different than I had in mind? Who me? Little projects all over the house that I can't put away because then I'll forget about them and truly never finish them? Yes... those all describe me. And, though it frustrates me sometimes (but not nearly as much as it frustrates the man that I married!)... well, I'll live with it, too. Unpredictable, fly by the seat of your pants, can be a good thing, right?
    Oh, yeah.... about your card. Perfect wedding or anniversary card. Maybe not so much for graduation. But I'm all for adapting things... "Mr & Mrs"...(inside) in 20 years... happy graduation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I just love reading your blog. Sorry to hear you little guy is under the weather. I do love your card though. Maybe not right for occasion but still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh..sorry about the measles. That stinks. but i'm glad he's ok! I really like your card. I especially like the image around the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear your son has the measles. I hope he feels better soon and you don't catch it. Nice job on the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slap Cheek Measles? Never heard of it - weird. Your card is beautiful. I love the background paper and the diecut. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a nurse and ive never heard of that type of measles! I hope he gets to feeling better! Such an elegant wedding card! This post just cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. So nice on the Mat Stack. I really like that big Mr. and Mrs. sentiment. The flourishes look like they were meant to be part of a stamp set for that die. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee this is a perfect wedding card (even if it didn't start that way). I love the added flourishes on that die cut. Gorgeous! Hope the measle thing is done for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes I forget what your project was since your stories are always so much fun! Your card is wonderful. It's a beautiful wedding card. Very simple, but elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Love the card and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! That is too funnY! Yes, I do get distracted from what I am suppose to be working on and head in another direction all together! Your wedding card is beautiful though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...