Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Make It Monday #16

Another Make It Monday over at PTI...

and this week is a challenge that personally I am glad they addressed...

though the hardest challenge thus far...

sympathy cards.

You can see the wonderful, informative video from the incredibly talented Dawn McVey here.

I'm going to be honest...

these are my least favorite cards to make...

as they are for everyone...

but I dislike making them so much that I still go to Hallmark for mine.

I'm not good at them...

I'm not.

And I know it.

And though I hate with all my heart making them...

I know that life also gives the occasion that we need them so I would like to be able to do one.

To be able to express to those that I care about that I am thinking of them...

that my heart hurts for their loss.





The Details:
All supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Rustic Cream
Stamps: YOF: Lily of the Valley, Through the Trees
Dies: Nestibilities
Ink: Momento, Versamark
Ribbon: PTI
Misc: pearls

7 comments :

  1. This is very pretty. I love how you carried the flowers onto the white oval. What nestability is that? I really like it. I really do think YOF is the perfect stamp series for sympathy cards. I am glad you are back to making a MIM actually on a Monday! I always look forward to seeing yours early in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You nailed this one. It's beautiful, elegant, classy, clean. Great job, Renee. Now I'm off to browse the 10 other blog posts I haven't yet read of yours! I'm SO behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love how you lined up the white panel with the background. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so classy and elegant--perfect for a sympathy card! You do such a fantastic job with matching the image with the background and I really like your choice of nestability dies. I have the deckled rectangle and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! love the way you highlighted the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with amazing colors. I love your PTI blog hop card too, what a creative idea and fabulous execution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this technique! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...