Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Storage Solution

With all the new $5 sets that PTI is releasing...

which by the way...

LOVE...

there were some last month who would love for PTI to come up with a storage option for them.

I know Nichole has said she stores hers in CD cases just like all the other sets...

2 sets to a case...

and I imagine a complete wall in her studio with built ins and hundreds of CD cases...

alphabetized of course because she's very organized...

with room to grow.

I wish I had the space...

but I don't.

In fact...

I'm very limited and I'm not even going to start thinking of what I'll do when I run out of room with my current CD storage system...

do I stop buying?

Sell and build a bigger house?

Not thinking about it!

But I do love my current storage system for $5 sets and thought I would quickly share.

And credit for this goes to Nichole Heady as well because I actually just adapted it from her die storage...

I use a CD storage box and vinyl CD covers.

I then printed large labels with the stamp set...

and viola!

I have about 30 $5 sets right now...

and with Fruit Fusions about to be released...

about to add more...

and the box is only about 1/2 full so I'm estimating between 50-60 sets per box.

The box is about the width of 12 CD cases so if you have 2 sets per CD...

I'm getting about double the amount of sets in the same footprint space.

And super easy to store when I get new ones...

I slip them out of the packaging they come in...

and slip them into a vinyl CD cover...


"sheet" and all.

(The little protective sheet helps to keep them from sticking to the vinyl.)

This system was done not because I think it's the easiest...

though it's so incredibly simple that even I can do it...

but strictly for spacing issues.

And since I hope PTI continues with the $5 sets...

so much bang for so little money...

when I outgrow this box I'll simply slide another beside it.

I already have a shelf for expanding my boxes...

I also have boxes for dies, bling and die cuts I've made with scrap paper...

and I'd gladly show you...

but my cabinet is a mess so another day.

Hoping maybe you find this little storage suggestion useful...

let me know if you try it and how it works for you!

Edited 5-16-11
I use the colored covers as a little extra barrier on blocking light after reading that light can effect your stamps over time.  So that's why I print my labels onto white versus buying the labels through PTI...easier to see on the colored vinyl.  The vinyl covers are available in clear (I store my dies in clear ones) and you could use the labels provided by PTI without any modification if you prefer clear.

10 comments :

  1. Already told you great idea. I am going to switch to that now that this $5 set thing is obviously going to stick around. Do you store the dies in there too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea sister! I love that fun little box too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is COOL! i may have to use this in my space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great storage solution for those 5.00 sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I use CD cases but I store 4 sets in one CD case. I cut up the labels so everything fits just right. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I don't have as many as you but I do the same thing as IamDerby and put multiples on one CD case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great storage boxes idea. i may have to use this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Renee! May have to give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great storage idea! I have already put my dies in the plain paper covers (we had a whole box) but using the colored vinyl ones sounds like a great idea for stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea! thanks for the extra tip on using colored covers. i'm deleting about $60 worth of index labels from my cart ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...