Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CFC #7

How does time fly so fast during the Summer?

Is it because I don't have to get up every morning at 5am to start the day?

Or maybe because I can stay in my jammies all day if I choose?

(I actually choose that option quite often...even to the point of sending love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married to grocery for me because...well...I don't want to leave the comfort of my jammies)

But can't believe it's almost the end of June!

Soon it'll be the 4th...

and fireworks stands are popping up everywhere.

Hunter loves the 4th...

her favorite holiday.

She may not be able to see the bright colors...

the patterns...

but she loves the "pops"!

And though we are not like some around here who I swear must spend a weeks pay on fireworks...

maybe even 2...

we do trek out to our favorite place and buy some of our favorite "pops".

We've been going to the same stand for as long as I can remember...

it's operated by a family out on the other side of the county...

close to where we used to live...

and they use the proceeds to put into their grandchildren's college funds.

And the whole family is working it...

grandparents, parents, grandchildren...

even great grandchildren are there.

All of them have been...

are going...

or will go...

to college.

And graduate without a mountain of loans.

So it's kind'a a tradition for us each year to drive out there to pick up our fireworks.

But you know what else is happening in July...

the final Harry Potter film.

I have just finished rereading all of them...

in order...

and savoring every word.

I am truly totally and completely blown away with JK Rowling's talent.

Her ability to weave words...

create worlds...

to make us believe.

Oh...to possess such a talent...

sigh.

She is matched only by Tolkien...

the master.

And I can't get started on Tolkien because we could be here all night...

though just let me say I'm so glad that Peter Jackson is doing The Hobbit...

he made Middle Earth come alive in the Lord of the Rings trilogy...

so much so that one of the characters is on my future husband list...

complete with costume.

*giggle*

Love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married is aware of said list.

So...

July brings the 8th and final film in the Harry Potter series.

I cried when I finished Deathly Hallows...

yes...

I was out at midnight to pick up my pre-ordered copy...

and had it completed by morning...

so I reread it again.

I didn't want it to end.

And maybe that's why I'm a little sentimental now...

at least I've still had the movies to look forward to...

only now...

they're ending too.

So when trying to come up with an idea for CAS-ual Fridays latest challenge...

I started thinking of Harry Potter and the color blocking of his Gryffindor scarf...

the scarlet and the gold...

set against the black of his robes...

so I went to Hogwarts...

Sigh...

if only I could go for real.




The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise
Smokey Shadow
Stamp: Bug-A-Boo
Ink: Copics
Misc: printer paper

7 comments :

  1. Yep... an entire line of Harry Potter stamps would be bad for my budget :)

    Super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I'll bet you have lots of people in your life who would like to receive that card. My daughter is also eagerly awaiting that movie. I hope dad will take her, because HP just isn't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post, Renee. You weave words quite well yourself. :) I am a huge Harry Potter fan also -- and am really looking forward to the last movie, too... well, looking forward to and dreading. I always hate to see a good story end. Great card, too. Ah, Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute!!! Such a wonderful post too! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - this is stinkin' adorable! You're a pretty good wordsmith yourself . . . I always enjoy reading your posts. They make me smile. Oh, and I think we are twins separated at birth . . . I love to hang out in my jammies and send my hubby to the store. I hate going to the grocery store. LOL Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! I love the Harry Potter books and have a Literature Circle set up at lunch time with my 5th grade students who want to read/discuss the books. It's mostly boys.....Go figure! ;-) Maybe I should consider the stamps to make somekind of certificate for completion. See what you are doing to your followers??? Making them buy more stamps! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...