Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today is love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married and my anniversary.

Or I think it is.

19 years...

that much I am sure of.

And believe me...

I am sure of that!

But my earlier comment...

"I think it is"...

came about because of this conversation that was had in our house on Saturday:


(walking into the bedroom where love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married was "playing" with his flies...as in fishing)
M:  You know what Monday is!
LOMLMTIM:  Yes...
       that horrid day!
M:   Excuse me!
LOMLMTIM:  What?!
M:   What did you say?
LOMLMTIM:  What?!
       You asked if I knew what Monday was?
M:   Yes... 
        do you?
LOMLMTIM:   I told you!
(by now the look on my face confirms that he could possibly be an idiot and will sleeping on the couch for the next 6 months)
M:  Really?
      So you think of our anniversary as "that horrid day"?!
LOMLMTIM:   (incredulous) NO!
      You said Monday!
M:  EXACTLY!
       Monday is our anni-ver-sary!
LOMLMTIM:  No it's not!
        (with a smile)
        That would be Tuesday!
M:   No...genius!
       Monday is the 27th!
LOMLMTIM:   (with a silent, triumphant Ha-Ha!)
        But we got married on the 28th!
M:   It was the 27th!
LOMLMTIM:   28th!
        Bailey's ( his neice) birthday is the 27th!
M:   (pausing....because could it be possible he's right?) 
        Was it the 28th?
LOMLMTIM:  Yes!
M:   Are you sure?
LOMLMTIM:  Yes...
M:  (still thinking... 
       because I'm swearing in my mind it was the 27th but 
       maybe I'm wrong...
       he sounds pretty convincing...
       finally...)
      NO!
      It's the 27th!
LOMLMTIM:  28th!
M:  (marching over and picking up the phone...I start dialing)
      I'll ask someone when we got married!


My Mom isn't home...
her cell is unavailable...
I call my sister...
because I knew our "day" was the same...
but different months, different years.

M:  Sister...
      when did you get married?
S:   September 27th 1997...
      Hey!  You have an anniversary coming up soon...
M:  Exactly!
      When is it?
S:   (laughing...) Well...Monday's the 27th...
M:  HA-HA! (very triumphantly)
       I thought so!...
(and semi covering the receiver I pointed at LOMLMTIM...)
       BOOH-YA!!!
       I was right!!
       You were wrong, Mister!!!
       Just...
       WRONG!!
LOMLMTIM:  (standing very still...pausing...then...with a straight face...)
         Prove it!!



Now...

I could tell you that I was wounded.

That I was angry...

and still am.

I could tell you a lot of things...

but...

instead I'll tell you...

I laughed.

And used it as leverage to make him cook dinner Saturday night.

And maybe I should be wounded...

and angry...

this is our wedding day...

the day we started our lives together...

but I'm not.

Because 19 years...

we're more than a date on the calendar.

We're 24/7...365.

I don't love him more on June 27th than I do any other day of the year.

I don't honor him more on June 27th than I do any other day of the year.

We've had our ups and downs...

we've been through thick and thin...

and we may have more of those times ahead...

hopefully more ups than downs...

but either way...

we're in this together.

And even though you've already seen this card...

and just so you know...

I've never given him a seriously romantic card and if I ever did...

he would probably assume I was about to give him life altering news...

I thought it just fit this occasion...

Because after 19 years...

he still makes me laugh.

And gives me lots of ammunition for blackmailing him into cooking dinner!



The Details:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow
Stamper's Select (PTI)
Stamps: AmberInk
Ink: Copics
Patterned Paper: AmberInk
Misc: bling and ribbon

8 comments :

  1. Great story and great card. You know that I made my own anniversary card for hubby to give me, in addition to making one for me to give him. After many years, the small things are best laughed away. Happy Anniversary, and many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - fungi! hilarious.

    and a HUGE congrats on 19 years together - that's something to be proud of! God bless you both - here's to many more loving years together. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story and sweet card! My husband and I always joke that the reason he got our wedding date engraved on the inside of his wedding ring is so that he can always check there if he forgets, lol!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just too cute, Renee! I love your story. Happy Anniversary! I hope he likes your card - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversay..and congrats on 19 years. Wishing you many more to come.Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your story! Totally something that would have happened in my house! Great card for a fungi! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! That is too funny! Maybe after another 10 years my husband and I won't be 100% certain of the date, but he still says "Happy Anniversary" on the 18th of EVERY month. Your card is awesome too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny! We got married on Valentine's Day. That helps as it is kind of hard to forget a special day that practically everyone is celebrating. On the other hand, it's extra hard to find a restaurant where you don't need reservations! McDonald's just doesn't work for anniversaries!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...