Friday, June 24, 2011

Have You Ever...

heard that saying about how someone looks better and better the more you drink?

But in the cold, harsh dawn of reality...

maybe not so good?

I believe the same the can be said for cardmaking.

I say this because...

it's true.

I wasn't drinking while making a card last night...

unless you count my Dew...

but I was tired...

so I think the same principle applies.

I was tired and ready to go to bed after playing with Sweet Baby and not coming up with anything...

when an idea hit me...

*BONK*...

right between the eyes!

Well since I knew I would get to sleep in this morning...

I went straight to work.

I'm serious...

this idea was so good I couldn't risk letting it escape from me during sleep...

I had to complete it before closing my eyes...

I was up until almost midnight.

This idea was that genius!

It was so genius it was going to make you drop your jaw and drool in my wake.

It was so genius it was going to make you bow in awe to my creativity...

my cardmaking skills...

my vision.

It was a masterpiece.

I...
was...
going...
to...
ROCK!

And after completing it...

I headed off for some sleep so that I could "wow" you first thing this morning with my own personal Mona Lisa...

my own Sistine Chapel...

and I would need to be well rested for all the adoration and praise that you would be heaping upon me.

And as the golden rays of morning sun awoke me and with joy...

heart singing...

I rushed to my table to see my creative genius in the full light of day...

I realized...

sometimes...

I am so glad you are so far away.

I brought home the ugly guy at the end of the bar.


So what did I do?

Well...

I quickly dismantled before anyone could ever truly testify that it ever actually existed...

and you can't prove it did...

but then I realized I must share my wisdom with the world...

so that you too will not make the same mistake.

My lesson for you is...

do not craft while exhausted because apparently exhaustion magnifies your genius beyond all capable boundaries...

similar to drinking and believing that your looks, charm, talent, wit and intelligence improve with each swallow.


And since I had Sweet Baby here on the table...

and it's Friday...

which you know what that means...

 time for CAS-ual Fridays!!

Perfect balm for my wounded ego.

Clean...

simple...

and I did this...

a side shot so you can see the textured background...

No..

it's not my masterpiece...

but I thought it was cute.

And a definite improvement over the guy at the end of the bar.



The Details:
All Supplies PTI Unless Noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Spring Rain
Stamps: Sweet Baby, Tiny Tags
Dies: Sweet Baby, Tiny Tags, Edgers #1
IP: Tin Type
Ink: Momento
Misc: twine and button PTI

14 comments :

  1. RENEE.. RENEE... RENEE... your posts.. they always MAKE me LOL!! Your so funny when you write.. I LOVE it... I wish you could have showed us that boy at the end of the bar.. you know we all got one of them ourselves! LOL!! Your card is really cute.. LOVING the baby stuff.. I didnt get any.. I think I should! LOL! Have a FABULOUS weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its super CUTE! Love the simplicity and the border...swoon! Way to go! Hey, and who is counting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was hilarious!! thank you so much for the early morning giggles - and the cute eye-candy of your sweet-baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...this post made me laugh. Yeah, I know that guy at the end of the bar! LOL

    Your card is adorable. Love the colors and the layout and the edger on the side is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is precious!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card...so sweet and simple!
    And I must have picked up that same ugly guy a few times! Yikes! it's amazing how things can look different "in the morning"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, you crack me up! We used to call it having "beer goggles." Or "We don't need Mr. Right, just Mr. Tonight." I'm so glad I'm not in college anymore! The card is great...love the use of the edge on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee you crack me up. But I do have to say that I too have picked up that ugly guy. Too many times if I'm to be honest. My hubby is a late night person so I tend to stay up too. Sometimes that's not such a good idea. But I love the card you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so want to see that ugly guy at the end of the bar - come on!! Love the alternative though - this is just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Love the edge technique - really nice! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute! Love the tag around the giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your story!! It made me laugh out loud, and nod my head knowingly. It's certainly happened to me, but I admit - sometimes not even after crafting late, just crafting deleriously :) Then coming back and looking at it again and realizing it's not so good.
    I love your CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm back and finally getting time to check blogs. My, you have been busy. I am always so envious of anyone who can come up with such creativity. LOVED your post today and the adorable giraffe card! I've actually had that happen to me. I haven't made anything but have come up with some 'wonderful' idea in the middle of the night only to wake up and see it in the bright light of day--suddenly not so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! And yes, I have been in your shoes before...yesterday afternoon as a matter of fact! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Renee...you are so fun! This little cutey is a masterpiece, in my opinion...hope that counts for something! And I don't craft while I'm tired either...which means I don't craft nearly as much as I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...