Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm At Camp...

Card Camp that is.

Growing up I never went to camp...

not even Girl Scouts.

Of course...

I guess that may also be because I never joined Girl Scouts.

Yeah...

the outdoors have never really been my thing.

I love outdoors...

the beauty that God has created...

but I just like enjoying them from the air conditioned comfort of my house.

But please note...

I also live in the South.

Where heat and humidity reign in the Summer...

and air conditioning is the 8th wonder of the world.

So this seemed to be my kind of camp...

one that would not require risking running into anything that slithers...

bites...

stings...

or creates a severe rash.

We were given a challenge though...

and true to my nature...

big vision...

small reality...


Purple, orange, pink, blue and white...

it was not easy.

I tried using patterned paper like my friend Suzanne at The Card Yard...

I failed.

But she is truly the queen of patterned paper so I was out of my league to start with...

but I tried.

The bottom part is from Echo Park Little Girl...

digi!

Have you gotten on the digi paper bandwagon yet?

Lo-ve it!

So addicted!

The orange gingham is just some from my stash and I have no idea where it came from...

but thought it at least complimented the EP...

which is better than I usually do.





The Details:
All Supplies PTI Unless Noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Royal Velvet
Stamps and die: Ad Sense
Buttons: PTI
Ink: Momento
Patterned Paper: Echo Park and misc.
Misc: bling and ribbon

12 comments :

  1. Really cute! I struggled with this color combo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I {***LOVE***} it! You did an awesome job and are way too hard on yourself! I love Ad Sense and can't tell you how many times I have added it to my cart...but not ordered...it's in my cart now as a matter of fact. I have not tried the digi papers but Lee Anne was just raving about them as well...and the double button = delish! Thanks for the sweet shout out. I am not really a Queen...just someone who frequently gets bored on Saturdays around 4pm and enjoys riding down the street with my dog to the local scap store to buy a few sheets of PP. :) Do you want some? I can send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love reading your posts Renee. The eye candy is always a bonus...I love what you did with those colors...and your use of patterned paper...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I like how you did the color combo, and Ad Sense is one of my fave sets. Time for me to pull it out again. It's so fun to see what you did at camp--I'm not there, but it's like getting a postcard (dear mom, having a great time at camp.....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love that set, but haven't gotten it yet. You know how that goes..lol. I really like your layout and the patterned paper is fab! That butto nis quite cute, also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee........You've created the absolute perfect card with this challenge! So adorable! I love your stacked buttons and the little bling on the mat stack. All the perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, it looks wonderful! At least you've jumped in and done it...I'm still trying to figure out how minimalist kind of card girl me can incorporate all those colors! :) I'm with you on all the reasons this is "my" kind of camp (I live in Arkansas, where summer is pretty much that place south of heaven {wink}). I *love* Cosmo Cricket & Echo Park's digi papers!! Hmmm, need to see what I've got in digi that might work...more ideas running through my head. Thanks for that idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful, I love the what you did with the colors for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute and bright card, you did a great job. Looks like everyone joined card camp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UBER FUN CARD ...... great job with your color challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card! You did great with the colors. Love the papers and that fun stacked button. FUN post too--I know what you mean about camp. I can barely go out in my own backyard without new insect bites or a rash from weeding plants. One might wonder why I choose to garden--love the blooms though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, Renee! Even though this color combo wS a challenge for a lot of us, you did a great job (as always!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...