Thursday, June 23, 2011

Isn't This Gorgeous?

Keep your pants on...

I didn't do it.

The credit for this piece of breathtaking art goes to Kristii at Sincerely Yours.

But she did inspire me to pull out this little set that I was so excited about...

excited about the vintage feel to it...

excited that I finally have a couple of baby sets...

that I could have actually used over the past year when I can't even count how many friends have had little ones...

excited for an excuse to play a little.

OK...

do we really need an excuse when it comes to "play time"?

*giggle*

Anyway...

I wasn't touching this card...

it's perfect.

But I did want to play a bit...

so I kept it very simple...

which also means easy to produce...

for when all those friends start in with adding more little ones to their hearts...


A close up so you can see the Tin Types IP in the background...

I think it gives it a "quilted" look...

and I sponged some pink ink around the edges of the oval to soften and separate all the white.

Definitely not Kristii's level of cardmaking...

but I still had fun!

And maybe as I get better at this hobby...

someday I'll attempt something on her level.

I think I'll play with Sweet Baby today...


The Details
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Sweet Blush
Stamps: Bundle of Love
Die: Nestabilities Ovals
IP: PTI Tin Types
Ink: Momento, Copics
Misc: SU scallop punch, pink ribbon

13 comments :

  1. Oh, I love the pink scallops peekign out on the sides. I am not sure I even noticed that stork set..hmm..it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee........Your card is just darling! Love the scallops matching the baby blanket....So perfect! I just got these sets, too....but, they haven't seen ink. You may have inspired me to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is cute as lovely as Kristi's card, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet, tenderness of your card! The little baby head poking out is so cute. The TT IP is perfect for the softness look. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Renee! I love your idea of using the Tin Types IP to mimick a quilt. I need to make some baby cards and now I have some inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Renee. The Tin Type IP is perfect to add a quilted feel to the card and those scallops on the side are such a soft touch. This card could be made in pink or blue and be just perfect. Great job. I am going to have to get that stork. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just so cute. So soft and pink--almost enough to make be believe in the stork. A stack of these in pink and blue, and you are all set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Renee'. So soft and sweet any new mommy would be so touched to have this card!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Renee!! I just love how you used the tin types impression plate in the background! It's perfect!!! Thank you so much for your kindness!! You touched my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww, this is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable...love the touch of the tin types impression plate...it's perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...