Saturday, June 11, 2011

One Person's Weed...

Have I told you lately how much I love this guy...

cheesy grin and all?

I do.

I love him so much my heart explodes every time he runs into the room...

he reaches for my hand...

he says the word "Mommy".

And what Mother has never received one of these...

a beautiful bouquet of weeds...

given with the biggest sunshine of a smile...

a hug...

a kiss...

and the words...

"I love you, Mommy".

Dinky gifts me with these every time he steps outside.

He gets so excited when he sees any "flower" growing...

and wants to pick them all...

just for me.

I've had this with all my children...

they've all given me "bouquets" over the years...

but he's the only one still young enough to see the "flower" beyond the weed.

And time is short...

because he too will someday stop seeing them as "beautiful"...

and I won't be greeted with running feet into the kitchen...

or yells of "Mommy, close your eyes"...

and I'm going to miss the flowers he once believed in.

But I'll miss the little boy even more.



CAS-ual Fridays has a new challenge...

and I'm going to enter this for the challenge...


I'm not sure if this is a flower or a weed...

it's from PTI's Anniversary set...

but I tried to give it the appearance of a weed...

I stamped the image off twice to weaken the color...

and added small white dots...

And I have to tell you how I came about having that sentiment...

it's from PTI's Wildflower Garden and I was torn on it last month...

I loved it...

the flowers are gorgeous...

but it was that particular sentiment that struck my heart.

It is my heart...

it's my children.

Only I couldn't justify buying it for just that...

so I wish listed it.

But my dear, wonderful, don't-know-what-I-ever-did-without-her friend Cathy (EmptyNestCrafter) bought the set...

and sent half of it to me...

including that sentiment.

I adore her...

I just hope she knows how much.


And hopefully this qualifies for the challenge...

I went with buttons, flowers and twine.

I've never done a challenge like this one so I don't know if my stamped "flowers" count.



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Botanical Silhouette, Wildflower Garden
Ink: Momento
Button and twine: PTI


Note: Card was inspired by a card posted this morning by Nichole Heady on her PTI countdown post.

21 comments :

  1. Oh they grow up waaaay too fast, don't they? My youngest (9) still brings me dandelions and melts my heart every time :) Your card is gorgeous. Love the inspiration and love the fact that inky friends are the best friends in the world :) Thanks for playing tic tac toe at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet!! love your bouquet and your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I just read your post,a nd had to run and grab a hankie before I wrote this comment. I have twin boys who have somehow grown to be 11 years old. They are still sweet. Your post was so poignant. Your card is a beautiful interpretation of both your weed bouquet and the challenge. I love it. And I love the whole story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious story, Renee. And a wonderful card to go with it. Looks to me like you did a great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful story and such a beautiful card. I think you met the challenge head on and perfectly. Your little boy sounds like such a sweetie. I definitely think little boys can be much sweeter than little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always seem to make me get a tear! I love this post as these things are all too familiar in my house but am afraid that they are soon going to end. :( Beatiful card using the Anniv. set.....I think your tic tac toe is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to write a book girlfriend! You have such a way with writing! OMG! Ok....wow! So your card is beautiful! You did a great job with this weeks Tic Tac toe! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first thought was, Hey, she used one of our wildflower sentiments! What a great card, but I think your "weeds" look way better than the weeds here in CA! What a great story and your tic-tac-toe card is great. I agree with Laurie. You really do have a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the layout on Nichole's card too. You did it justice with yours. Wow! What a beautiful story and card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE blogs! Love that they give talented people like you a vehicle to share wonderful stories. And they give people like me a chance to enjoy and smile.This one is SO sweet! And your card is fabulous--so great for tic-tac-toe! Perfect sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee......I just love your Dinky stories. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Your card is gorgeous and so is the story behind it. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful post - the card, the story of your sweet boy, everything! Thank you for sharing such a warm event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goegeous card, love the subtle colours :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, I love your stories, Renee! They are often poignant and always funny. I have to tell you, just the nickname "Dinky" cracks me up, every time!

    I love the way your weeds look . . . I am now going to have to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty and elegant! Love the subtle coloring of the dandelions - and you are one lucky mama! The bouquet is just about the sweetest thing ever! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect sentiment for that image. How great that you could split with Cathy. I know what you mean about the kiddos. Time goes too fast. We must count each day and moment as a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the story. Supercute son!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and soothing, I love your flowers! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. *sigh*
    So sweet. And those are the most perfect dandelions I have ever seen. So real it seems like I should be able to make a wish and blow them away!
    Beautiful card, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a precious story and a precious bunch of flowers! Such a joy! Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...