Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th

First...

I want to thank everyone who left such sweet comments on my button mints.

Your kind, uplifting words mean more than I can ever express to you and truly made my whole week...

oh!

Who am I kidding?

My whole month!!

I very rarely come up with an idea that should ever be expressed outside of my own head...

and I had so much fun with that post!

Seriously.

I had to sit on it for almost 2 weeks because Cathy had just left to go out of town and like the num-num that I am...

in my excitement I totally forgot she was leaving...

so I was like a kid at Christmas waiting for her return and getting that package!

And just to let you know...

par for me...

I still almost screwed it up!

Why did the fact that flights sometimes get delayed never enter my mind?

Probably because I can only handle one thought at a time and apparently that just wasn't going to be it!

But as promised...

a winner!

And from Random.org comes the handy little number generator...

that I have not figured out how to use correctly...

I'll work on that...

but the number that it did choose before erasing...

#28   IAMDERBY


Congratulations and if you'll shoot me an e-mail at rlynch6@bellsouth.net I will get that mold out to you this week!!

And because it's the 4th of July...

wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Safe 4th full of sun, fun, family and friends...


and to share this little ditty with you that I'm also going to be entering at The Kraft Journal...




for their Patriotic or Americana challenge this week...

I'm am so blessed in so many ways...

an incredible hubby...

my children who are my very breath...

my family...

my friends...

and especially each and every friend that I have made in this little world of mine...

you choose to spend time with me...

and I adore you all for it!

Happy 4th of July!!



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy,
Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select
Stamps: Whippersnapper "God Bless America", 
PTI Background Basics: Twinkle
Ink: Momento, SU, Copics
Twine: The Twinery
Misc: button 

12 comments :

  1. Love the way you colored the image Renee!
    A perfect holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this patriotic card, the star background and the shading on the sentiment. The twine and button look so nice behind the oval focal point. Happy 4th to you and your family, Renee. Lucky IamDerby for her big win too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I never win anything!!! Thank you! I love your card, I am a sucker for anything patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! The vertical orientation with a big horizontal focal point looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so fun! That font is awesome and I LOVE your coloring! Happy 4th girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. It is serious and whimsical at the same time. How did you do that?? I hope you are having a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. The star background is perfect. Great job on coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the perfect patriotic card! I love the look of kraft with this image. Very American with a "country" feel to it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card. Love the colors and your focal point is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you & your family had a wonderful 4th! Your card is fabulous--great image and wonderfully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job coloring this image Renee! I mean I love the shading....perfect! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! Send this card over to OTWC......I think it would fit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card...as always. I love all of the little 'additions' that I probably would have left off...the twine, the stamped base, etc. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...