Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Little Christmas Ditty...

Popping in really quickly because I have 2 million...
526 thousand...
132 things to do today...
school starts tomorrow for a couple of kiddies!
Part of me says "Yea!!"...
the other part is sad that Summer break is ending...
and no more pj days till Fall.
Dinky starts kindergarten later this week...
but we have his Open House this afternoon.
Hunter won't start for a couple more weeks and hopefully this remodel will be almost completed by then because in all honesty...
I'm scared to go in and out of the house with her since I fell.
I still burst into tears at the just the thought of how I could hurt her.

So...
last week I did this card...

I started thinking of it because of an idea I've had in my head for a Christmas card for a while...
which I finally got one done...

The idea was to keep it CAS...
but I just had to add that little bit of lace and bling...
only I still think it qualifies because it was so quick and easy...
and I will be making a few of these for this year's Christmas cards!

So Summer break is at an end...
and Robert
4th of July

is not complaining about school starting tomorrow...
that in and of itself is a miracle.
Here's how last year went when we went to look at his class list...

Robert:  I knew it! 
             She's in my class...
             again!
Me:  Who?
Robert: (withholding name to protect the innocent) Her!
Me: Well...
       what's wrong with that?
       She's been in your class the last 2 years.
Robert:  EXACTLY!
              And she's mean!
Me: Why?
       What does she do?
Robert:  She chases me.
              Everyday...
              she chases me!
             And sometimes...
             I just have no where to go!


As a mother...
it took everything I had not to laugh.
And the "no where to go" comment...
it's literal.
They have borders on the playground and you can't go beyond a point or you're in trouble...
and apparently my son kept going for the border...
with no escape.
But a couple of weeks ago we went to check his class list for this school year...
he was so happy because he got the teacher he wanted...
a couple of good friends...
and guess who else...
yup!
4th year they've been in the same class together!
Only this time...
no complaining about her!
They take tennis lessons together now...
and he even tried to prank call her a while back...
until we got onto him when he was trying to figure out how she called him right back when he had never given her our number...
and we had to explain caller id to him.
She's a really cute little girl...
she still chases him...
and has added hitting him with her racket...
he doesn't complain about her though...
I think it's love.
*giggle*



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Rustic White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Poinsettia, Compliments of the Season,
PTI BB: Music
Ink: SU, Copics
Misc: lace, bling

11 comments :

  1. Stunning cards! Such beautiful coloring. I love how the focal point is layered over the background stamping, it creates such depth and interest. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas card is absolutely gorgeous.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work magic with your Copics. Unbelievable.

    Have fun getting the kids off to school. What a fun time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful cards, Renee!!! I totally LOL to Robert's comment......I love reading your blog. You keep it real! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. And, such a sweet story. Boy, you southerners start school early. We don't go back until September 7. (good and bad about that) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, your Christmas card CASE of yourself is a gorgeous!! I think it's one of the best Christmas cards I've seen in a long time.
    The story about Robert is a crack up. You'll have to keep us updated on any developments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story about Robert! I am sure we will be hearing lots more of that continuing story. I love that you cased yourself. Your poinsettia is beautiful. I love it over the music background and the sentiment is perfect. You are on a roll with your Christmas cards. Way ahead of me so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. Always such a pleasure to read. You're like those old time variety shows on TV. Gawd I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your story about Robert is too cute. Your cards are beautiful, Im glad you added the cotton lace to the card it is just perfect. They turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet story as always--I love hearing about your kiddos! And your Christmas card is awesome--SO very pretty! The music background and the lace work great with your poinsettia. What Copics do you use for the red?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic!! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...