Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My First Waltzingmouse...



It's my first...



WaltzingmouseStamps

Waltzingmouse sketch challenge...

my first Waltzingmouse challenge of any kind.

I haven't had any of their stamps but recently acquired a couple...

and am so excited!

OK...

wait!

I have had one...

but it's a "secret" set and well...

it's a "secret" in this house and with nosey kiddies...

kept under lock and key!

But my dear friend Sharron from OnPapillionWings helped me out with this one last year when a certain someone in our house started "questioning" things not long before a very important date and I was desperately searching for any way to help continue a tradition...

most especially since Dinky was only 4 at the time and this particular someone is not known for keeping secrets!

Seriously...

he should never consider a career in law enforcement of any kind...

if ever captured...

he will tell everything he has ever known about everyone he has ever known...

and unlike his Mama whereas fear makes me talk more than normal and if ever captured they would kill me just to shut me up...

he tells just because he knows something to tell!





Love this guy!

So I haven't been able to play until recently acquiring a couple of sets...

and can't wait to get more!

And I don't know why I haven't already...

what have I been waiting on?

I think it's been the international shipping thing...

never done it.

But it's Ireland!

My heart dreams of Ireland.

And when I win the lottery...

I'm so buying a cottage there!

A dear friend got to go over last year...

I was insanely jealous...

and I offered to be her nanny...

or just attach myself to her luggage and refuse to let go regardless of what they threatened to do to me until I landed in Ireland...

but I settled for drooling over her pictures when she returned...

which I think she had to replace a few because they may have been slightly wet when I returned them.

But Ireland!!

I'm a Lynch!

We have an Irish crest!

Look...

she sent this while she was over...





and there is even a Lynch Castle in Dublin!

Now currently a bank and I wonder if they would recognize my heritage if I went over and tried to claim it?

Alright...

technically...

love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married's heritage but I married him and by marital law...

what's his is mine!

*giggle*

So again...

why have I waited?

I don't really have an answer... 

but can tell you that I am remedying it very soon!

So my selection for this challenge was limited...

here's the sketch...




I only have Holiday sets right now...

yesterday...

Summer and the 4th of July...





today...

Fall and Halloween!

And in my world...

next week is Christmas.

Seriously...

I'm working on Christmas.




The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Orange Zest, True Black
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Apothecary
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Wanda's Pantry
Ink: Momento
Misc: ribbon, bling, bats from myscrapchick svg




11 comments :

  1. Oh now I am itching to get my Halloween sets out! I love the background paper and the bats a-flying! Great sketch card, Renee, so glad you could join the WMSC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I have always wanted some WM stamps! This card is AWESOME, Renee! Love those teeny bats...and I love your story. Maybe for your 20-year anniversary you can go to Ireland? My coworker went last year and loved it... And of course, you will be geographically that much closer to the Royal Family at that point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love that stamp set and very smart of you to use the bats. Creative. Funny story about Dinky too. I'm with him, hard to keep a secret and I would spill my guts just because! Great background paper on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Renee!!! Love the little bats. I had a LOL moment when you said if you were ever captured, they would kill you just to shut you up.......Not you, Renee! Really??? ;-) I think I would just let you talk and talk and talk......because if you talk like you write, I would be all ears! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I think summer is a fine time to start on Halloween cards! I did not know that Waltzingmouse was from Ireland. Many things I do not know. I have been to Ireland many, many times, and it is one of my favorite places to go. You are making me want to go to Ireland right now and go trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delightful Halloween card. Makes me want to pull out my decorations as besides a tree at Christmas time, that is the only other holiday that truly gets any decorating at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your card! WM has such great Halloween sets. The background paper is perfect and so are the little bats. The summer heat is wearing me out so focusing on fall & Christmas sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed reading your post! And this card is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only have 2 WMS sets but they are fantastic! I do think it's the international thing. Claire does things right! Love your take on the sketch and now you have a Halloween card done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Halloween card! It's gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Halloween...oh cool weather, crisp autumn air...can't wait! Christmas almost always means frigid temperatures and slick snow, so I'm okay holding off on that one for a while. I love the flying bats and your interpretation of this sketch. Simply perfect, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...