Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh...The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

though not quite what this song was written about.

It is frightful...

but instead of cold and snow...

we have high heat...

and humidity...

105 in the shade.

So I'm trying to keep cozy inside with the 8th wonder of the world cranking out some cool breezes...

and dreaming of fluffy, white snow.

Though I will be singing an incredibly different tune around January when the white stuff usually starts making an appearance...

and I remember that I only actually like snow when it's July and August and 110 in the shade.

I know...

go figure!

I am woman...

watch me confuse you!

*giggle*

So trying to keep cool...

and dreaming of fluffy, white stuff I don't actually like...

puts me in the mood for...

CHRISTMAS!

I do love Christmas...

I do, I do, I do!!

And snow is welcome on December 24th...

as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome...

and is gone by December 26th.

That's the only time I actually want to see it.

Last year was our first white Christmas in...

oh!  I can't even tell you how long...

something like 17 years I think...

and since I had not stepped one toe outside during this time...

love-of-my-life-man-that-I married actually thought he needed to tell me it was there because I always ask for a white Christmas...

don't you just love Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye...



Rosemary Clooney?



I had to remind him that just because I wanted a white Christmas did not mean I actually wanted to go out into the cold with it...

I could see it just fine from the comfort of my heated home while watching out the window...

and I was still getting a white Christmas!

But with a new Waltzingmouse sketch...



and me thinking of a white Christmas...

I guess it's only natural I do this...

I was going for a country Christmas this week...

I just love blue and red together...

and well...

I'm Southern.

It's genetically implanted in me to LOVE gingham!

Seriously...

it's like against the law or something.

So I tried to bring a little country to this one...

what do you think?

At least it looks cooling...


The Details
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Spring Rain,
Stamper's Select
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Wintertime
Ink: SU, Copics
Misc: ribbon, twine, snowflakes, PTI Pure Poppy buttons

9 comments :

  1. This is such a cute card with the gingham ribbon and that adorable snowman. Really nice job and with more stitching too! You are on a roll, Renee! Good luck with this one too. I am loving what you are doing with your WM stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great christmas card. I hope it cools you off. Love the color combos. Also, didn't know if it was OK to post in the forum, so I will say it here--congratulations on having a winning card on the WM blog. It's such a beautiful card, and I hope you enjoy your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the stitching right away! It added so much homespun goodness to this Christmas card. I too live gingham! Serious.....this heat is killing me! I don't like snow either but thinking of it now makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card - love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if it is the law to like gingham in the South, then I am definitely moving there...that's my kind of law!!!! This is so adorable, Renee...and Spring Rain and Red Gingham are one of my fave combos of all times. Add Sewing Box Christmas to that mix and eeek...perfectly adorable for this week's sketch. Congrats on being the Big Cheese this week, tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! love the snowman and the row of buttons and snowflakes! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really ADORABLE, Renee! I'd love to join your little snowman about now--just for a day or two to cool off! Adore the homespun look--the red gingham is perfect. And this is my favorite Sewing Box set--have used the stocking and mittens a lot! Wow, you have definitely been making such wonderful things with your WM stamps. I saw that Claire selected you as this week's Big Cheese! Huge congrats--I'm so thrilled for you--what a fabulous honor. You're really on a roll with those vintage beauties--looking forward to lots more! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! That gingham bow is singing to me! And that little snowman? So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Renee, I wanted to thank you for your very encouraging words regarding some of my cards! So sweet of you. I noticed that you are a Tennessee girl! I currently live in Arkansas and have for many years but was born and raised in Franklin, Tn. Some of my family is still there and I long for the rolling green hills. Just wanted to let you know about that little connection! Love your card-making style and your delightful blog. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...