Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #42 and MIM #26

Guess what?

Not only did these incredibly talented ladies...

(seriously...incredibly talented)...

let me be a part of their group...

sometimes...

they even claim me...

and now they're letting me do a challenge!!

YEAH!!!

It's my first!

Hope it's not my last.

But because I'm actually too lazy to type it twice...

I just copied and pasted everything...

I'm double the fun!!

*giggle*

I'm also entering this ditty in this week's amazing...

Lisa Johnson intrigued me greatly with this challenge...

you'll understand why when you actually read below...

because again...

I'm too lazy to type it twice!



So have you heard the news?

One of our very own Dolls is in the 2011 Gallery Idol competition...

YEAH LAURIE BETH!!!

Can we get a big WHOO-HOO!!!

We've always known she was extremely talented...

seriously this group is full of talent...

but now the rest of the world knows just how talented this Doll is.

And I don't know if this breaks any rules...

hence the "hope it's not my last" comment...

but I thought it only fitting to challenge everyone in a tribute to Laurie!

Here's her card for this week's challenge...

SoapboxCreations
Notice anything?

Hhhmmmm....?

Her rolled roses!

Love those roses!

Seriously...

love!

And that's the challenge I'm issuing this week...

make a card using Laurie's gorgeous rolled roses.

I know they are technically not "hers"...

but every time I see them I associate them with her so it's all the same.

At least in my world.

Now...

before you panic because Laurie does use a die to make hers and you don't have a die to make the roses...

never fear!

I am here...

and I just so happen to be a secret super spy!

OK...

not really...

though I really did want to be one...

see here...

but I do happen to have a slight addiction to Pinterest...

so again...

it's all the same.

If you don't happen to have a die to cut the flowers...

you can do this...

Pinterest
Or you can do what I did and punch a circle...

I used a 1 3/4 punch...

and then just started cutting into the circle until I had something that resembled a curly fry!

Then I rolled it around a lolli stick until I had something that resembled a rose.

Here's my tribute to Laurie and her rolled roses...


I also used this weeks Make It Monday technique demonstrated by the uber talented Lisa Johnson...

you can watch the video here.

I made sure to make time for this challenge because it is something I'm about to do on a much larger scale...

see this...

Pinterest

I'm about to do this to my fireplace...

minus the stockings unless it's Christmas!!

Painting the tile black...

love touches of black...

and then painting a "vintage" canvas for the mantle...

thank you so much Lisa Johnson for giving me the know how to achieve it!

I have silhouettes of all my children from their kindergarten year...

and Dinky is starting kindergarten in just a couple of weeks.

Granted...since I can't wait for Mother's Day to get his...

I may have to undertake the project for his myself...

any tips welcome!

And just a little FYI...

this kid can't sit still for more than 3 seconds...

any tips on accomplishing that feat short of duct taping him to a chair...

oh!... 

who am I kidding...

that may be my only option!

*giggle*

OK...

now remember...

all Dolls challenges are open to everyone...

so get busy cutting some roses and link up your beauties!


The Details:
All Supplies PTI Unless Noted
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, True Black, Pure Poppy,
Kraft
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #5, BB: Twinkle
Ink: Momento, PTI
Ribbon: PTI Twill Tape
Misc: bling, acrylic paint

13 comments :

  1. Aren't you the smartest thing? This is really a great card and the technique for MIM is perfect! I love the colors and the dry brushing is absolutely perfect. Great job on the challenges today Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your roses. I have the die and L O V E it!!! Thanks to Laurie of course. I am yet to try the MIM technique. Yours turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Renee--you did a fabulous job on both challenges! LOVE your roses! Great colors and the little twinkles in the background are so sweet. Your dry brushing came out just right. Looks like another cool technique that I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love Laurie's rolled flowers and recently got the die (even though my mom had shown me how to do it without). ;)
    I LOVE this card! So bold with the red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fitting tribute. Your card is just smashing! You dry brushed your card to perfection and those rolled roses...divine! Very inspiring Miss Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with this technique and your challenge is a fantastic one! I loved rolled roses/flowers....this will be a snap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fab job ont he roses. Love your dry brushing. The white actually draws the focus tot he red background. Stunning card and a nice tribute to Laurie. I think you fit in with the talented group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea, Renee! I agree, Laurie's card is fantastic! I love your version too--the white paint dry brushed on the red cardstock would look SO AMAZING on Christmas cards, wouldn't it? I'ma gonna (try to) remember that! Best of luck on your ambitious, gorgeous fireplace project! Please take pictures so we can all see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Renee! The white paint looks sooo cool. Great challenge too. Laurie will be so flattered. I've made those rolled roses once before so I'll give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you posted the tutorial, otherwise I would not know how to do this. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this challenge, Renee. And I love that you have silhouettes of your kiddos...it's too late for me to do that as a "Kindergarten" thing since my two oldest are done with Kindergarten. I just need to break down and do it. There are numerous tutorials out there that involve taking a picture of your kid against a light background, adjusting levels in Photoshop, or some other such program. I think I'd take the picture, change the levels, print it out, then trace it onto black cardstock or something. Maybe there's a way to do it with my Silhouette SD as well...anyway. Enough of my rambling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok obviously I am SOOOO behind!! I am JUST NOW SEEING THIS!!! Are you the sweetest EVER? Thank you so much for you kind words and the little "tribute"! I am just so sorry I am so behind! WOW! I love your card! That dry brushing looks FAB! You know I do love this challenge because I do love those flowers so much! They are so fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your flowers and the background for this card!! So pretty and fun all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...